Help needed..........

andyz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need a little bit of help, I've just folowed the ashtray removal thread and everything was going well until I pulled out the aircon unit/heater unit.

There's a dial on the console to divert the air to the windscreen, feet, vents etc. Well inserted into the back of the dial is a flexible spring type thing.

Unfortunatlely me being the idiot I usually am I've managed to dislodge the other end (not the end that goes into the back of the dial) and now I can't work out where it's meant to go. I think it should be inserted around the top right corner if you're looking straight at it.

Any help wouild be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Managed to get some photos, hopefully will be able to upload into here.

The brass/gold looking part is like a spring and I imagine bends slightly to be inserted to whereever it should be.
Heater1

Just the type of heaterunit, you can see it the air splitter/diverter dial that the part locates into.
Heater2

The offending part, one end goes into the back of the control panel (right hand dial), but where does the other end locate?
Heater3

Again many many thanks for your assistance.

Cheers

Andy

What unit is that!? You sure youve posted this in the correct section..!? What car model and year do you have!?

Ummm I thought it was the right section but I could well be wrong :blink:

Its an A3 Sportback 2008 Facelift model 1.9 tdi

Looks like it has all the basic features but no extras.... I've put it back together now as I didn't want to lose or break any of the bits, but I haven't re-inserted the bit I'm stuck on. So at the moment the air is stuck pushing into the foot wells.

Heres a pic of it back together:

Heater4

Many thanks guys your help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

As it stands now you should only need to take the head unit out, the end of that cable routes to the top right rear of the head unit apature, it'll probably take a bit of feeling around but you should be able to find the small plastic tube that slots into and guide it into place.

Hi SJ,

Thats brilliant news, I've just ordered the keys from ebay and will get to it as soon as they arrive. I'll update the thread on my progress.

Many many thanks

Andy

Keys were delivered and after the stereo was removed just as SJ said I was able to locate the hole.

Many thanks, really helps me out.

Andy