Help needed :(

Bm007

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I need a bit of help so here goes , I bought a s reg audi a4 off my friend who has left the car sitting for around 18 months , he hasn't used it due to having another car , so here's the problem , I towed the car to my house , put new oil on , drained petrol out put fresh in , same with oil , changed battery , started car started but if I don't rev it cuts out , I can keep it going as long as gas pedal pressed as soon as I loose it drops out and stalls , what could it be any help would b greatly appreciated thanks

the car is a 1.8 se

Could be any number of things. I would start by checking for vacume leaks, have found the rubber seal on th ebulkhead to brake servo can be iffy and pipe that goes to underside of inlet manifold. Without having the car in front of me it's rather tricky to offer much.

Turn ignition lights on but don't start it, after about 20 seconds the throttle body should start whiring while it calibrates itself. once it goes silent try to fire it up.

Check with a obd reader at any garage possibly the maf had mine go last week message about altitude out of spec change the maf then your sorted