Sportback Help needed with tyre sizes

Reaction score
looking to get some new alloys and a friend is selling his brand new alloys as he’s decided to sell up. His car is rwd and the tyres on it are
35 profile front but 30 profile on rear, I assume this would cause problems on the rs3 with it been 4wd ?

Thanks

looking to get some new alloys and a friend is selling his brand new alloys as he’s decided to sell up. His car is rwd and the tyres on it are
35 profile front but 30 profile on rear, I assume this would cause problems on the rs3 with it been 4wd ?

Thanks

RS3 staggered set up is

Front 255/30/19

Rear 235/35/19

So you could rotate them assuming they are the correct offset etc.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
RS3 staggered set up is

Front 255/30/19

Rear 235/35/19

So you could rotate them assuming they are the correct offset etc.
Iv always ran a square set up 255/35/19 as that’s what I bought it like could this Cause any problem? And no the rears are 265/30/19 fronts 235/35/19
I may leave it as it is I’m unsure

What size are the wheels?

I'm on a square setup 255/35/19 and no issues. TC kicks in sometimes but with it on sport it never occurs so it's the first thing I do when I get in the car.

As mentioned before the fronts are usually 255 and rear 235 on the staggered setup however with an ARB and a solid set of tyres such as MPS4S you won't feel any understeer unless you're on the track imo. Even pushing the car hard won't upset it so I don't see a need for a staggered setup.

But to answer your question you can use the 265 but I'd think it needs to be a minimum 9" rim width. Depends on the offset too obviously.

What size are the wheels?

I'm on a square setup 255/35/19 and no issues. TC kicks in sometimes but with it on sport it never occurs so it's the first thing I do when I get in the car.

As mentioned before the fronts are usually 255 and rear 235 on the staggered setup however with an ARB and a solid set of tyres such as MPS4S you won't feel any understeer unless you're on the track imo. Even pushing the car hard won't upset it so I don't see a need for a staggered setup.

But to answer your question you can use the 265 but I'd think it needs to be a minimum 9" rim width. Depends on the offset too obviously.
They are 9.5 wide et 40 and full set of AD08r yokos
And they fit beautiful, just need to change the front set of tyres from 235 to 255