Help needed with someone who has just the Auto Dim Rear Mirror in Silver/Light Grey Platinum.

carlcall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Fingers crossed one of you can help me as I need a couple of part numbers off both the cable covers on the Auto Dim Mirror without Rain Sensor.

Basically I'm doing a retrofit of the above to my A4 B7 Avant and this was the easiest route for the CH/LH as it was simpler to attach it to the screen, rather than have to get a replacement screen or try and get the existing one off and replace it with the rain sensor without damaging the screen.

But anyone that has just the ADM in Silver/Light Platinum Grey could you get me a couple of part numbers off the cable covers as TPS have tried to sort it for me and just keep sending me the wider version for the rain sensor variant.

It's these two bits I need the numbers off these two bits, namely the Black piece with felt that goes on the screen and the Grey outer cover that goes over the cables......(Excuse the awful pic but it's all I could find)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 144
I could be wrong, but aren't the auto-dim and rain sensors a required combination?

On the A3 you could either have a mirror with Auto Dim or Auto Dim with The Rain Sensor. It may have been an optional extra or a year thing I honestly don’t know.

Where as on the B7 if you have Auto Dim it automatically came with the rain sensor, but no they aren’t a required combination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one of those, will check for you tomorrow if I can view the part number.