Help needed with MY61 ICE-pictures included

dommc92

Reaction score
Hi everyone,recently decided to change my standard concert heading for a double din colour screen jobby.Went into halyards as a friends of mine works there and he sold me an arial adaptor and an auto leads 99-504 canbus wiring harness (pictures included) i wired this up to my non bose rear amplified system and could get no signal to rear speakers at all.Anyone any idea how to remedy this problem and also where should the blue cable of the amplified arial adaptor connect in to ?
thanks for any help
DSC 0051 DSC 0054 DSC 0052 DSC 0050

Is the blue cable from the auto leads adaptor plugged into remote? That's what sends the power to the amp for the rear speakers.

Both the blue cable off the harness and the blue cable off the aerial have to go to the remote on the stereo.

With mine, the adaptor did run power to the speakers and sub, but they were very very low, I don't think power was getting to the amp. Try turning the rear speakers to full on the head unit to check

Hi mate thanks for the quick reply,currently there is a split blue from the head unit with one half going to adaptor,this blue then continues to the adaptor which attaches to the Audi connector,duenti the split on the head unit cable there is one half free which says "amp-con"

Attachments

• 14512424027891.jpg
    14512424027891.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 676
So the blue from the arial attaches to the split blue coming from the headunit? And I have tried fading it all the way to the rear and get no sound at all :(

If you require any more images just let me know as I have brought everything into the house now ha

Just noticed this spare red cable leading from the head unit side of the autoleada adaptor which is a split from the red wire leading to the canbus box....any chance this has something to do with it

Attachments

• 14512460520430.jpg
    14512460520430.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 223
This looks like a <54 reg one that requires a retrofit of remote live, are you sure it's the right lead for your year?

Not too sure tbh I went on what halfords told me,its a 99 504,any idea which cable it is I should be using?

I can't even find that lead pc99-504 isn't on halfords website.
Caraudiosecurity sell the one you need, cttau004, 2005 onwards a3 half amplified.

just had a google of that ones and says its for a half bose system? mine is a non bose

yeh and the adaptor you just linked me to said bose? thanks for the answer anyway mate

The adaptor I linked is half amplified, non bose is only rears amplified hence half amplified.
Bose is fully amplified, front and back.

Orange, that won't work for him as it's ISO and his is quad lock.

hating how difficult this is compared to my other HU installs in other cars haha

mine is non bosed rear amplified,my front speakrs currently work but the rears dont and theres a real lack of bass

There's this red connector loose on the auto leads harness,could this be anything to do with it?

14512508229420 it is a split from the hu side of the harness with the other part going into the quadlock side of the harness

Orange, his is a 2011 which will most likely have steering wheel controls.

My harness has a lead coming off it at the same place but is blue and it goes to the remote on the head unit so it signals the amp to turn on.

thanks for the help guys but i need quadlock not iso

The one I linked at caraudiosecurity is quad lock mate. If your not sure what you need give them a call they're really helpful.

ill try explain my current set up as much as possible,my11 a3 with the double din concert headunit.half amplified non bose.i currently have a split "amp on"cable coming from the head unit.One half is free and the other half feeds into the autoleads adaptor,which then goes into an "amp on"cable between the hu side harness and the audi side.On the harness the red wire splits into two with one have a bullet conenctor and the other feeding into the audi quadlock adaptor.on top of the audi side quadlock i have a seperate section of wires which lead to a set of 2 red and 2 white cables that say front left,front right.rear left,rear light.these can be connected to female adaptors which go into the headunit.as i said before i have evrything here with me so if any pictures would make it easier then please let me know.id also like to thanks all of those replying speedily as it is giving me a lot more confidence in finally getting this sorted haha

I set the fade to fully rear and all is silent

Where will that cable be and what colour mate? Should o just tap into it?