Help Needed - Someone with an A3 quattro and VCDS

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend diagnose a haldex fault on his A3 3.2dsg( or at least trying to!)
Basically we've changed the pump, pressure sensor and the controller but it's still not showing any pressure in the system, i.e. the pre charge pump isn't working so he has no 4wd at the moment.
I've run the output test in vcds but nothing works.
What I would be grateful for is if somebody could go into module 22(AWD) with the engine running and check the values in "the adv measuring" tab
This is what is showing at the moment

Address 22: AWD (1K0 907 554 L)

11:31:36
13.80 V Voltage (Terminal 30)
7.0°C Oil Temperature
0.0 bar Oil Pressure
0.0 Time Sum of Temp. Overrun
Engine 1 Engine
ABS 1 Brake Electronics (J104)
Instruments 1 Instrument Cluster (J285)
Steer. ang. 1 Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
0.0 Engine
0.0 Brake Electronics (J104)
0.0 Instrument Cluster (J285)
0.0 Steering Angle Sensor (G85)

I know one of the first checks to pre charge the system is an engine speed of 400rpm but according to the data above it's not showing any.

Car is a 54 plate with only with 34k on the clock so don't expect any major issues tbh
He's spent over £500 already buying various parts and apart from the Haldex itself I don't think there is anything to change.

I know this might be a stupid thing to say but how much is a diagnostics from Audi going to cost ? it just might be worth paying to avoid any unnecessary spend on parts that are not faulty then with the results replace the relevant item ??

He has all the changeable parts now apart from the unit itself and there's no guarantee that for £120 an hour Audi would sort it tbh especially when they want £900 just for a new controller without fitting!

Is there nobody that can just check the values?