Help needed - resetting Service on Dashboard..

sun3y

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope I've put this in the right section, I do apologize if it's wrong.. :unsure:

I need to know or if someone know's how to reset my serivce on the dashboard? I've got a Audi a4 1.9 tdi sport -02 plate. I have tried to do it myself on the dashboard, although it does reset back to zero. I can't seem to change it to 10 or 20,000 miles.

A few months back I got my mate to do a service on my car, as it was showing on my dash 150 miles and 70 days to go. Or something similar, i can't quite remember now.

He managed to do all the service/parts but when came to resetting it, he was not able to do so and he said there may be a fault on it?
I took it to someone else and he had the same issue when he had it connected to the fuse box.

I did ring up the dealers as a last resort but they said as I've already done the service they will not be able to do it? God knows why?
That was back in Janaury.

The weird thing is, when i started the car up the other day it came up showing Service in 8100 miles and 26 days.. Now i know that is impossible, I do drive a lot but even that is not do-able.

dashboard.jpg

So can anyone help...

im not sure i get what the problem is so here goes if you just want it rest you can do this by holding down the spaner button keep it down and put the ignishon on so the clock lights come on then still holing it down push the 0000 button this will reset it. if you are trying to rest it and want to change how long/miles before it comes on you need it put on vag.com to do this hope this helps

thanks for replying simon, sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

I have been doing it myself using the spanner button, you are right it does rest to zero. But i wanted it to show 20,000 miles, i knew i couldn't get to do it but i wanted to know if anyone knew someone who could do it or where i could get it done?

As you can probably tell I'm not really clued up on this, but i'm not 100% sure what vag.com is? I did find a few post in the forum (VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) and searched that i might need to buy a cable that is connected to the fuse box. Is it worth posting up and asking if anyone has a vag.com near my area? Or am i asking the wrong question lol.

thanks for replying simon, sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

I have been doing it myself using the spanner button, you are right it does rest to zero. But i wanted it to show 20,000 miles, i knew i couldn't get to do it but i wanted to know if anyone knew someone who could do it or where i could get it done?

As you can probably tell I'm not really clued up on this, but i'm not 100% sure what vag.com is? I did find a few post in the forum (VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) and searched that i might need to buy a cable that is connected to the fuse box. Is it worth posting up and asking if anyone has a vag.com near my area? Or am i asking the wrong question lol.

You can set specific details of the service reminder with VAG-COM/VCDS - this was recently discussed >>here<<

Reactions: sun3y
if you want to set it to 20 k you need vcds
other wise with the man reset it will zero then take 500+ mile to show up
and the

Reactions: sun3y
i have to say id not leave the car 20k before Servicing leave it how it is and save your self for bigger problems by leaving it so long.

It sounds like I need someone with the proper software? I have posted up in the VAGCOM if anyone is near my area, hopefully someone will respond. I wondering if I should of gone to the dealers now, you'd of been less hassle..

thanks.

i have to say id not leave the car 20k before Servicing leave it how it is and save your self for bigger problems by leaving it so long.

Well I thought it's best to do it every 20K, although I have done quite a lot of miles recently. I guess it's best to change it to 10K..

diesels love clean oil mate they run a lot better and a lot smother my tdi is on long life serv but i do it every time the clock tels me to i did mine 8 or 9 mths ago and it now needs doing again and iv only put 5k on it but its going to be done

that's sounds fair enough, I'll get mine changed soon. Cheers