Help needed please?!

edwardstyler

Reaction score
Recently upgraded to a racingline air intake and a larger turbo inlet elbow from racingline to suit. My s1 was already stage 1 before putting this on and had no issues. However, since I've put the new intake and elbow on the car has an intermittent misfire/stutter when boosting. Initially putting a code reader on it was causing a misfire so upgraded to ngk raceplugs which has improved the throttle response and made the car better to drive however the issue hasn't gone away albeit its now less frequent.

It won't happen all the time and it will vary on the rev range when it does & vary on which gear also so I can't say to someone it happens at 3-4k in gear 3 or 4 etc so it's impossible to pinpoint. The person who does all the work on my car has test drove it with me & it's not happened once, so he thinks I'm going mad lol. It's incredibly annoying when it happens it's almost like the car shuts off & then reboots within a matter of a split second.

Everything on the car is as it left the factory barring the above mentioned & a mid res & back box delete (i regret doing this)

Has anyone had anything similar or can offer any advice on to where to go to next to try to remedy? I have a few ideas possibly upgrading ignition coils, getting the map checked potentially so the ecu won't think the car is over boosting potentially caused by the new intake with improved air flow? My expertise isn't with cars, but I like to think I have a basic understanding so I'm speculating on remedies.

Any ideas?

Recently upgraded to a racingline air intake and a larger turbo inlet elbow from racingline to suit. My s1 was already stage 1 before putting this on and had no issues. However, since I've put the new intake and elbow on the car has an intermittent misfire/stutter when boosting. Initially putting a code reader on it was causing a misfire so upgraded to ngk raceplugs which has improved the throttle response and made the car better to drive however the issue hasn't gone away albeit its now less frequent.

It won't happen all the time and it will vary on the rev range when it does & vary on which gear also so I can't say to someone it happens at 3-4k in gear 3 or 4 etc so it's impossible to pinpoint. The person who does all the work on my car has test drove it with me & it's not happened once, so he thinks I'm going mad lol. It's incredibly annoying when it happens it's almost like the car shuts off & then reboots within a matter of a split second.

Everything on the car is as it left the factory barring the above mentioned & a mid res & back box delete (i regret doing this)

Has anyone had anything similar or can offer any advice on to where to go to next to try to remedy? I have a few ideas possibly upgrading ignition coils, getting the map checked potentially so the ecu won't think the car is over boosting potentially caused by the new intake with improved air flow? My expertise isn't with cars, but I like to think I have a basic understanding so I'm speculating on remedies.

Any ideas?
Not sure I’m much help, but is it worth taking the new Racingline air intake off and putting the OEM air intake back on just to see if this misfire problem still occurs. Then at least you can eliminate the Racingline intake. It maybe that the problem coincidentally happened at the same time as installing the Racingline air intake. Not sure if you could have disturbed anything else when installing the new air intake.

Not sure I’m much help, but is it worth taking the new Racingline air intake off and putting the OEM air intake back on just to see if this misfire problem still occurs. Then at least you can eliminate the Racingline intake. It maybe that the problem coincidentally happened at the same time as installing the Racingline air intake. Not sure if you could have disturbed anything else when installing the new air intake.
PS - What’s so bad about a centre box delete / back box delete : only I was considering doing a centre box delete. Not so sure about removing the back box though.