HELP Needed please , alloy wheel courier

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Folks , I need your expert help once again, I am buying a set of 19" S5 wheels whith tyres from a guy but he has not done this before and does not know or have much time to wrap them properly, they were only pick up but I managed to talk him round for a courier collection . Are there any couriers that will take them mostly unwrapped ( maybe a small amount on the face. Will post a picture he sent me) does anyone know any company's and prices or does anyone stay in Hatfield that could help me out hugely , please I need some help and don't want to lose the chance of getting the wheels , thanks folks

Another vote for Paisley freight as above, very good and straight forward pricing on the website. Not sure regarding the packing/ protection though.

I know, it's the fact that if they are not package right then they might not take them ? Here is a picture he sent me if his packaging

there's guidance on the paisley frieght website reguarding the packaging. I believe the face has to be covered + somewhat padded. When i shipped a set via them last year i put 2-3 layers of bubble wrap and some thick corregated cardboard over the face then wraped the whole lot in some torn up bin liners, made it to the guy that bought them in 1 piece.

Where are they coming from and going too? might have more luck trying to find someone on here that would do you a favour or a online "man in a van" courier

Pick them up yourself so you know what ur getting ... it's not worth the hassle of getting them delivered ..I drove 4 hours each way to pick my wheels up

Reactions: Chop. and ruairi83
Wow that is a poor effort, I've wrapped magazines better than that for eBay let alone wheels lol.
As above, thick cardboard or even foam to go over the face of the wheel and cardboard for the rear then packing tape arounfd the cardboard a couple of times.

how far away are they could you just pick them up ? if thats the effort the seller is putting into wrapping them it might be the best option i was 2 hrs each way for mine after a night shift :grimacing:

Reactions: RS5 JON and Keef
how far away are they could you just pick them up ? if thats the effort the seller is putting into wrapping them it might be the best option i was 2 hrs each way for mine after a night shift :grimacing:

Well worth it though Chop. :salute:

JG

Reactions: Sandra and Chop.
Post up collection and delivery town/postcode and we will see if we can do a relay for you. I drove full length of the M1 the other day for instance.

Post up collection and delivery town/postcode and we will see if we can do a relay for you. I drove full length of the M1 the other day for instance.

Would be pretty easy if you're willing to buy the wheels without seeing them in person.

I'm driving from plymouth to cambridge and back 6 times over the next 3 weeks, i'm sure plenty of other people are on the roads and willing to help

Ask the seller to wash them first, though!

Reactions: rum4mo and Keef
What a great bunch of guys on here offering help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know guys, you are all great , the wheels are located in Hatfield, the guy does not really do online stuff as they were collection only but I managed to talk him into me getting a courier to pick them up, as I said they are in Hatfield and I am in Scotland , thanks for all your help guys

Reactions: Chop. and RS5 JON