help needed on s3 8l anti roll bar for a3 8l

laner

A3 1.8T (AGU)
Reaction score
hi all
im thinking about getting a s3 8l arb for my a3 8l due to driveshaft rubbing how will the droplinks work with it going under the driveshaft will i need to get different ones for it?

i used the TT ARB on mine. just makes the drop links sit a bit weird but doesn't cause a problem
IMG-20110617-00113.jpg

cheers mate would it matter if i use a s3 one?
i bought some adjustable droplinks for the arb ive got and it dint really work at all could i use these on the s3/tt arb or just stick with the standard ones

i think the TT and S3 are near enought the same.

apprently the adjustable ones are longer then the standard plastic ones

cheers before i buy a s3 one as anyone put one on a a3 if not will have to find a tt

no bushes i got from ebay. about £10 for a pair.

from the 4WD i think, part number for the one i got is: 1J0 411 305 AE

Iv got A s3 8l arb sitting in my garage pal after I upgraded to r32 rear pm me if intrested.

S3 rear is no use to him Gazz, kind offer though.

S3 front bar is the same as TT front bar, don't worry about that. Size MIGHT be slightly different, but shape and fit are identical.

As Jay's pic shows, you can use the standard droplinks to mount it all up, but it puts the links at a crazy angle, and the bushes won't last long AT ALL.

Best thing to do would be to space the top of the link inwards so it sits a bit better I think. If you spaced it inwards it wouldn't matter if you used std links or your adjustable ones. You'd want them pretty short though or you'd be moving the ARB up closer to the driveshaft.

If course, if you want to do it really properly, and never have issues again, an S3 front strut/coilover is the answer, using S3 droplinks, but I'm guessing from the nature of this post that you've recently lowered the car, so that's probably out of the question, unless your new shocks have the tab on the strut body

thanks for help prawn yes i have just lowered the car the shearing is doing my nut and what do you mean by tab on strut body i have got fk ak coilovers

Just below the adjusting collars on the front coilover body, S3/LCR spec coilovers will have a steel tab, onto which the long S3 drop links bolt.

Take a pic of your setup and it's pretty obvious if you have the tab or not.

got my s3 arb now going to spray it yellow to match coils then fit it weekend.how hard is it to change the arb did you do yours jay and i mite use a longer bolt on droplinks with some washers or some steel pipe of some sort