Help Needed - My car is sick.

dobber

Reaction score
Hi folks - any help appreciated.

I have a 56 plate 170ps TDI Quattro and somehting is happening to it. When it is cold - if i accelerate it will feel like it is cutting out for about half a second as it revs up then gets back to normal.

Over the last two weeks i have now noticed that if it is hot the car sometimes seem to feel like the turbo is not working and the exhaust sounds like a low grumble. When sitting at lights the car seems to shudder coming from the engine. Not sure what is happening.

Any thoughts???:confused::confused:

No idea what's wrong. Has anyone else experienced anything like this

Would get it scanned first to diagnose everything, could be a glow plug.

Wont be a glow plug as thats purely to heat the cylinder for starting, could be turbo related tbh, scan may not help, but certainly wont harm either, new maf is always an idea, easy to swap & fairly cheap.

Sticky trubo veins?
What milage is your turbo on, has the car gone into limp mode recently?

Not been in limp mode at all - Car has done 50k.

sounds like turbo on way out, mine died in may10 at 59k, costly at the stealers over a grand for fitting and part.
Mine stuttered on a trip, then 20mile later the car just died,limp mode came in. managed to get it reset for a couple of days whilst waiting for turbo to arrive. try calling round for recon turbo or if you can remove your old one and take it to recon agent.

Thankfully - it was not all bad - Had it in to the stealers and they found the fuel filter was blocked!! A lot cheaper than a turbo!!