Help needed gear box non responsive

kelvinmunga

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help. I have an Audi 2004 a4 b6 s-line with 56k on the clock, I have had some issues..
1 throttle Was non responsive, solved this by changing battery
2. ABS ESP light on, scanner does not read any codes
3. PRND all lit up in dash and no gear selection can occur.
4. Fan under passanger side cowl would run even with battery disconnected.
What I have done so far are
Check ecu for water dammage as well as all fuses on drivers side dash panel, checked 3 relays under ecu, all ok
Plugged in my foxwell nt624 diagonistc, no codes on obd2, can read live data but cannot connect into subsystems such as abs and transmission.
Voltage between pin 4 and 7 on obd2 port is 11v, I have put a 1k ohm resistor and measured 4 volts across, with radio connected and disconnected. Am now thinking of taking out gearbox tcu but need to actually read it there any codes, has anyone come across this issue?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Where are you based? There is a usrrs VCDS map, message people local to you and they will help out.

Get the subsystems read before removing the gearbox tcu.

Does sound like water ingress somewhere. Which gearbox type do you have? IIRC, one was susceptible to coolant leaking onto the gearbox ecu and causing issues.
Is the coolant level dropping or remaining the same?

I am based in redhill surrey, the coolant remains same level, I haven't topped up. Just to say also when I took out the battery there was some water under the battery tray, the ecu compartment Was dry though, I unclogged the drain holes. Now water won't stand there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk