help needed for quick question

RS_BUBBA

Reaction score
im just about to fit 15mm and 10mm h&r hubcentric spacers. i thought being hubcentric the spacer bolts to hub then wheel nuts to spacer is that right?
As these spacers seem to just slide on to hub and then just bolts through the wheel and spacer back into hub is that right?

You need longer bolts.. you are thinking of PCD adaptors... plain spacers need bolts that are at least the size of the spacer longer... be careful with the fronts as too long a bolt will hit the hub and ABS ring locking up the whole hub and damaging the bolt threads (and the flange threads when you try to remove the bolt)... it can also distort the ABS ring giving ABS faults...

Do NOT use the std bolts on that size spacer... you need at least a couple of threads poking through the back of the flange else they will just pull through and your wheel could fall off

<tuffty/>

thats fine ive got longer bolts so no worries there

cheers

The fronts will need shorter bolts than the rears... I had to cut mine down a bit

<tuffty/>

You can get spacers that do bolt to the hub and then the wheel into them,
So you aren't wrong, just your spacers aren't thick enough to do this safely and to warrant it.

usually larger spacers, some of the jap boys use 30-40mm spacers (insert cringe face here) and obviously you don't want a wheel bolt that long.

Cheers for the responses the rears are on and I replaced the grey trim in my rear bumper tonight. That's enough for tonight!

I bought the kit from dpm and chose the standard wheel longer wheel nuts.
So I'm spacing the fronts 10mm, do you think the nuts will need cutting down still or is that enough.