1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help needed aftermarket head-unit causes Bose speakers to not work

Kayobong Jul 31, 2020

1. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

So I’ve purchased a Sony XAV-AX1000 and a kit from incartec which can be seen here: https://incartec.co.uk/product/fk-271fa-swc

Upon installing I’ve found that no sound is coming from my speakers and the steering wheel controls aren’t working. I’ve contacted the tech support from I cartec and they’ve advised me to update the firmware which I will attempt to do.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated or anyone/a company who is local to Suffolk/Essex who would be able to help. Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. leonwilliams

leonwilliams Registered User

Mate there is issues with the Bose units and aftermarket headings it's the quad locks and cables some people swooped the cables around and it worked. Some none Bose systems have similar issues. I got a pumkin head unit early 4 yrs now it was plug and play but I did have to swop some wires around

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

All fixed now, there was a tiny unlabelled blue wire that needed connecting to a terminal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

I seem to be getting the dreaded alternator whine, when the volume is on 0 it’s not present but as soon as it’s turned up even on 1 it instantly starts making the whining noise which increases with engine rpm. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. leonwilliams

You need a noise suppressor in line

Kayobong likes this.
  7. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

Thanks, that sounds simple enough, do you have any specific ones which you rate? Will I have to butcher some wiring or is it plug and play?

8. leonwilliams

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...BMAJ6BAgKEAk&usg=AOvVaw3s3bqZsMgQrbMi8bTLiDAX

Also Amazon sell quite a few. I know when I fitted my head unit I got interference on reverse camera so I fitted a 50ohm one and perfect

9. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

Something such as this? I imagine I'd need 2 as there's 4 connectors for the bose speakers, front and rear

10. leonwilliams

Wont let me open it but I put mines In line with power

11. Kayobong

Kayobong Registered User

Capture.PNG

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. leonwilliams

That looks ok but do a bit of research first make sure you get the best one.