Help! Mystery vibration & fluid leak - '04 3.2

Dan320is

Reaction score
En route to the Nurburgring last weekend my '04 3.2 8P developed a vibration which resonates from the floor beneath the seats, nothing below 40mph but 50mph+ the cabin vibrates. At 80mph the vibration decreases slightly. Nothing changes when knocked into neutral.

The vibration doesn't change if the brakes are applied and I've swapped the wheels around in an attempt to rule out a wheel problem.

The only recent work carried out is new front discs & pads, a damaged caliper? The brakes work well.

Everything points to the transmission - driveshaft/propshaft?

Has anyone had any similar problems? I've not had much joy using the search function.

Also I have discovered a leak from what looks like a pump/priming unit which is located about one foot forward from the offside rear wheel next to the sill, thin green ish fluid. Pic below, anyone shed any light?

That looks like the Haldex clutch pump, quite a common failure.
It's about £150 for a new one. (Not from Audi).
There are some posts out there about the prop shaft centre bearing, I'm not finding anything on the search function on here, so I would google it.
:smile new:

hi im currently having a similar problem on my 07 2.0tdi Quattro it has got to the point where the cars weight feels like its moving around but only starts at around the 60mph mark also still there when knocked into neutral going to do some research if I find anything will let you no