Help me to decide on which 19" alloys to go for as im spoilt for choice (a3 sline 09)

andi1

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK
Reaction score
Looking for a nice set of replica 19" to go on my sline a3, it will be getting lowered a little more after also:

1917438-2.jpg

Ive narrowed it down to the following wheels:

The new s3 look alloys in 8.5 *19"
24_b_1092d13bde6358bd9709e298ec90fcf22d.jpg

The RS4 style alloys not the polished ones but exact same as these 8 x 19":-
28082008429.jpg
$(KGrHqJ,!mIE1F3u9CJjBNbBtnrB0w~~_12.JPG

VMR_Wheels_Audi_A3_Silver_V708_18_Hyper-Silver_294.jpg

The Golf R style alloys in 8 x 19"

IMG_1168.jpg

Or the RS6 Style alloys 8 x 19 "

3379879580_95e09da058.jpg
59_b_1036f6f84b1bdc7b310e0b7e34a436c34b.jpg

Last edited:
Where you thinking of getting your reps from mate as im looking at buying some shortly?

Where you thinking of getting your reps from mate as im looking at buying some shortly?

not decided yet m8 unitil ive found which wheel i have noticed some reps look a bit different design (ie a poor copy) to others and offsets vary so it pays to have a a good look around.

Reps are poor in every sense of the word. When you can pick up geniune wheels from £300, really no point in buying reps.

You cant get them for the same money, as if you can pick a set of genuine 19" alloys up for £300 new

Theres plenty of used ones on ebay curbed to hell but thats no use.

I would prefer to go for genuine wheels. Im just after a set of standard S3 wheels, not the latest ones, but cant seem to find any, nevermind for £300.
Reps seem to be the easy option and new condition that way too.

There is a set of genuine S3 alloys on ebay at the moment, think they are £1100 with tyres or best offer.

I know obviously genuines would be better but like you say theyre hard to come by and when yoiu do find them they usually need a refub at £150

I quite like these wheels too

VMRV710s.jpg

Theyre vmr`s but there is a company dotz who do an exlie which looks virtually same

There is a set of genuine S3 alloys on ebay at the moment, think they are £1100 with tyres or best offer.

Ye ive seen them but my budget isnt £1100 lol hence why replicas seem the best option.

That's fair enough, they are a lot of money. I know it doesn't help but they will certainly be worth more when you come to sell, so buying is more but resale you should be ok. I know that doesn't help if you don't have the cash available.

Hi,
I'm in the same position as you.. Looking at what rims to get for my A3. I gotta say i'm liking the S3 alloys...

Then you refurb them........:wub: in whatever colour you want

As N8 says, buy Genuine then get them refurbed if required. Reps are questionable. some are ok, some are bad news.

As for the style, new RS6 every time..

As N8 says, buy Genuine then get them refurbed if required. Reps are questionable. some are ok, some are bad news.

Have you seen the new RS6 on an a3 in 19" cant find a picture anywhere?

+1

I'm liking the new RS6 alloys aswell. If i ever got a set be same colour as these ones. But i do like the VMR's & the Golf R alloy's just have to put an audi badge on.

audirs6.jpg

audirs62.jpg

audirs6c5.jpg

Thin people need to stop rushing mods , hows about save for another couple of months and buy some wheels that will truly stand out , nothing worse than when you look at someones wheels and you no they havent shelled out for genuines , if your limit is say 600£ after a coupleof months put £100 away each month because when your in the £800-£900 mark your thinking 911 twists ,bently wheels and even second hand ch etc , just save mate will be sooooooo worth it when you see your new rims and youve worked hard for them

i also say go for oem too i know there a little more but really worth it, i had 18" rs4 reps on my last a3 and the quality wasnt too bad but on my current a3 i have genuine 19" rs4 style alloys and there so much better i picked them up in good condition with tyres on ebay for £500 so just keep an eye out.

My opinion would be either stick with what you have or the RS6 ones

My opinion would be either stick with what you have or the RS6 ones

Agreed.
I think the C5 RS6 style wheel was much more popular in the UK than here in OZ, but i love them.
I had them in an aggressive offset on my old 8P and they looked the biz.

Get genuine C6 RS6 or keep the current OEMs.
Car looks great the way it is.

i have been looking at genuine r24s but theyre all runnning in 19" 255 35 tyre which is way too wide??? (must be what the RS4 uses)

So i guess that means id have to ditch the tyres thsat are onthem and buy some 225`s

VMR vb3s or 710s are tasty but you'll probably have to buy new as second hand ones rarely come up. Depends what your budget is really. £300 will buy you genuine rs6 wheels with tyres. I'm picking up a set of rs4 reps tomorrow, got them for £300 including fairly fresh looking tyres. The quality isnt as good as genuine wheels obviously but a refurb will sort that! keep your eye on pistonheads classifieds, good deals to be had on there recently.

thanx for your complimets guys :icon_thumright:
now i have19" RS4 reps..

IMO RS6, RS4, BBS CH looks great on S3 :icon_thumright:

Do you happen to have any more pictures of the rs4 reps or the rs6 reps? im stuck between the two?