Help me figure out how to resolve my fault codes!

Bad Sir Culation

Reaction score
Looking at this lot, I need a MAF which I am about to go and buy, and I need a brake light switch, which I picked up this morning. I also bought a new central locking interior switch on ebay.

The stuff about the injectors bothers me the most, as I get a misfire at 3-4k revs on 3/4 to full throttle. I don't really know how to decipher the codes for them though? What is it that needs doing or replacing?

Anything else I should treat as a priority here?

hi sir

your alternator fault will be chucking all sorts of noise into the electrics, whcih may well confuse the diagnostics

i would chnage the alternator first, reset the codes and see what comes back, may even have beed causing the missfire

m

Wiring related I'd say... too many sensor related faults in one go generally means there is a faulty part of the loom... First I'd check earth is in place on the gear box... check that the earth point for the coil pack loom is bolted down on the cam cover too... check earths under the battery tray as this is a popular fault... earths corrode under there causing all sorts of issues...

Alarm ones you can clear as the alarm module logs a 'fault' when it is set off... they are more informational but the central locking motor one may need attention (motor is in the boot by the sub woofer)

Could be a leaking rubber joiner from the motor to the pipes going to the central locking actuators..

<tuffty/>

Cheers. I'll look under the battery tray tomorrow. I take it it comes out easily? I've not seen the gearbox earth or the coil pack loom earth before. I'll try to find them.

The alarm is weird. It goes off every time I unlock the car. I can't get my key synced until someone does it with VCDS for me, so have to manually unlock the door. For some reason it doesn't disable the alarm when I do this.

I've not been able to find the coilpack earth lead. Where exactly should this be?

Next to coil pack 1

quick edit, picture from your other thread, just above oil filler cap where the heat shield is between 1&2 coil pack earth under there
25702d1389555195t-bad-sirs-s3-restoration-redemption-thread-alt-3.jpg

Last edited: