Help locating / replacing engine mounts - pics please!!!

technics100

Reaction score
I have a 2002 1.9 Tdi (130bhp) I get an error code with vag-com saying that the engine mount solenoid sensor has an intermittant fault. I believe my car has solenoids built into the engine mounts that adjust the stiffness of the mounts as required. I want to check the wiring etc of each mount and was wondering where to locate each of them. Any pics or a nice diagram from the bentley manual would be much appreciated.

cheers

Technics,

Did you ever have any joy with this?

Sorry to dig up a thread that is 5 years old, but, I recently had my A4 Avant on VAGCOM and it through up a 17996 fault code - engine mount solenoid valve - open.

I have read your other posts RE how they work etc, but, did you find a fix for this? If I can locate the valve on the mount, what should I do?

Any tips much aprpeciated :)
Jim

I've had this error code on mine for a couple of years now, I think the complete mound needs replacing when there is a fault. I've never noticed any difference tbh......

do any of you lot noticing your car shaking side to side when idle? i had this fault last time i scanned mine.. and the reason i scanned was because was getting these little side to side shake. not noticed any other problems though.

My car doesn't shake, the V6 is surprisingly smooth at tickover when warm. I can't say I noticed any difference between the times the mount was/wasn't working.

Snap. Ive had engine mount code for nearly 2 years and don't think the car drives any differently. Though I've had the fault since I've owned it so it might actually drive like a bag of spanners and I don't know any different. I'd be interested if anybody does locate and replace the engine mounts as this has been on my to do list since I got it. If it's a diy job I'll have a go but ive asked a number of times on forums and nobody seems to know.

Anyone know of any issues a faulty mount can cause? Aside from a fault code?