Help leaking oil bad remap/dpf removal

harvz

Reaction score
Hi guys i needed help with my situation and where i stand with the company that have done the work.

I got my a5 sportback sline 2014 2.0tdi fwd cgcl engine mounted to a multitronic 8 speed gb. I took it to a tuner for a remap/dpf delete / egr delete.

When i drove the car home I noticed oil leak on the drive, so tried calling the tuners but they are closed and wont open until Tuesday after bank holiday.

Started car next day to check oil level on mmi but it wont show it...
Epc warning ⚠ light showed up too and found more oil on the drive. So aint touched it agian.

I have plugged in vcds did a full scan. I have attached faults below. There are no leaks by egr delete or turbo

Car is in limp mode and stop start doesn't work.

I haven't had a chance to talk to tge tuners so i have not mentioned there name for now as its not fair they have had no chance to rectify.

But looking at the fault codes this looks bad. If my ecu is fried who foots the bill? If my car needs repairing who foots the bill?

The car has 20k on the clock and was perfect....

Any advice? Maybe from a mapper that knows the what is next steps

The tuner is a well known company and talked about on the forum. So not some cheap job i paid for.

Attachments

• DSC_0743.JPG
    DSC_0743.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 387
  • DSC_0742.JPG
    DSC_0742.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 358
  • DSC_0741.JPG
    DSC_0741.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0740.JPG
    DSC_0740.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 296
Car leaked out 2 ltrs of oil since work was done... So topped it up 2 ltrs and went to my local garage.
He spent 3 hours on the car and found that the work they did caused some sort of gasket damage to turbo and it was leaking oil from that point. Hes billed the job at 100 quid.
Once the oil leak is fixed i can then drive it back to tuners....

Tuners have also claimed that they have nothing to do with abs fault and that i have to fix it myself? However car is new and all these faults only came up since remap. :(

I did ask for car to be collected but tuners were very reluctant, so i just gave up and fixed the oil leak myself.

Just scrubbed the drive clean from the oil leaks. They where shocked to hear 2 ltrs leaked out. I will also upload pics of where they damaged the gasket

Attachments

• DSC_0747.JPG
    DSC_0747.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 238
  • DSC_0745.JPG
    DSC_0745.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 252
@harvz I have refrained from commenting on this thread but I feel I have to based on your comments. Under most circumstances you are right to feel aggrieved about what the tuner has done and expect to have everything corrected without further cost to you. However although what the tuner has done is not illegal itself, driving a car with a DPF removed is illegal. Since it is illegal then presumably you have not notified your insurer that the car is modified and this gives the insurer the right to void your insurance. As such you are effectively driving without insurance and this is of course illegal too. The net result is that you are now in a grey area and the tuner knows this too. You have decided to take a risk in doing this modification and it went bad. It is time to realise that you will have to accept the consequences and pay them.

I only know a little about this subject but I assume that the tuner has removed the DPF in such a way that it would not be noticed in an MOT. But how have they done the 'EGR delete'? If it can't be done as part of the ECU SW changes then something physical may have been done to the EGR valve. If so you'd need to be sure that whatever they did can't be noticed in an MOT.

Yup noted above, i think we all know that here when we decat our cars or modify them in such a way...
I have crossed my ts and dotted my is but thanks for advice.

It was a bent clip on gasket that caused leak... Looking at it, i wouldn't blame tuners, even I could have over looked such a thing.

Just going to clean error codes from ecu and send it to audi to sort abs faults.

Driving the car now is bleddy amazing tho... Well worth the hassle and returning great mpg figures for an a5 cab

So if the tuners hadn't disturbed the gasket how do you think it happened. From what you were telling us it was big leak?

The oil return from the turbo... The gasket was bent.
Tuners have agreed to sort car out now and have apologied..

Attachments

• IMG-20160331-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20160331-WA0013.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 234