Help I m scared to wash my s3! Valeters/detailed pls help.

looking forward to stripping my car and giving her summer love! needs some machining has been a year now! .. and think ill go over with supernatural this time! have too many products that i dont ever use, some never even opened :(

"£10 inside and out please. Gimme a shout when you're done, I'll be over there having a smoke. Cheers."

:end_of_discction:

"£10 inside and out please. Gimme a shout when you're done, I'll be over there having a smoke. Cheers."

:end_of_discction:

Funny as always Ads.

What have you lined your garage with warren? Looks like underlay. Nice paintwork by the way but you need to sort those window seals out. How do you sleep at night :laugh:Nothing to add to any of the comments but I agree with the majority on this one. I love cleaning my car, even before I discovered detailing I woulld spend a silly amount of time doing it. The amount of products out there really baffles me though. I can't help but think that we've all been had by the manufacturers.
Thermal insulated foil. Protects doors when you open them (car door on 3 door are big), and keeps garage warm. Temp in garage never drops below 12! Fully insulated!

Bargain...cost me £12 + a tip :)

I took mine for a wash on boxing day and I've got to admit I did feel a bit guilty leaving without giving them a Xmas tip.
Then when I got home I noticed they hadn't dried the wing mirrors.... so I felt justified.

Might take the car back for another wash at the weekend because I've got four stamps on my "loyalty card" so the next wash is free! :happy:

I 100% reccomend this:

Autobrite Daddy Industrial Foam Lance - Autobrite Direct Snow Foam Lance & Connectors - Exterior Cleaning

I recently bought one after hearing about it a while ago but never really believed how good it was, i always used the 2 bucket method on all my cars however after investing in one of these snow foam guns i can honestly say that it is without doubt the best cleaning item i have bought!

When the car is uber dirty all you do is put some magifoam into the bottle, connect it to your pressure washer and then spray the foam on the car, leave it for about 5 mins and you will see the foam that is dripping off the car turn brown with the dirt. Hose the foam off and the car is spotless, this allows you to hand wash the car without worrying about grit of anything scratching the car.

Its epic!

Amen to this reply.
Had brand new solid black Honda that drove me up the wall as swirl marks were evident after it's first two-bucket system wash. Learnt to live with marks getting worse and then using lance system then lots water/mits/microtowels the damage was minimised. Was also aware Honda paint soft and machine de-swirling would have to be repeated. Decided life too short and learnt to live with it to some degree and enjoy the car ( S2000 wow! how I miss it.)
Pearlescent Black on my used A3 seems to hide the swirl marks evident when car purchased. I MIGHT get it machine polished but to be honest lots of Autoglym, use of the lance etc and already others tell me the bodywork looks cleaner and a deeper black than when first purchased June 2011.

Having won concours prizes for classic sports cars in the past I have been uber anal, even arranging chrome wire wheels delivery seperately and fitted to car when non stand at indoor shows (Manchester/Brum./Brighton but i still take a pride in having a clean smart car. It is too easy and downright lazy to go around in a dirty car - many do as a sort of reverse snobbery or to stick two fingers up at those with civilised standards.

. I've got a new T5 camper that I rent out at work and it's black. Love the van but it's got swirls and ruins what is a sweet van.[/QUOTE]

Bit silly to buy a black van and expect it to look always look clean and swirl free.

just clean mine with fairy and a brillo daily, but i never wash the car!

was going to say,thought i was a bit OCD with my drywash kit.Its great and doesnt leave any swirls at all

If mine gets too dirty i simply give it a once over with Halfords spray paint, usually Ibis but phantom Black if i fancy a change. Saves washing it. Oh...and dont forget to mask the No. Plate like me :)