Help....how do I remove the ashtray?

*ASH*

Reaction score
as the title really, how do I remove the astray on my a4 b7 Dtm?

It has some coins stuck in there which has lead to me not being able to fully open the lid, they seem to have got stuck in the recess where the lid opens into hence me wanting to remove it somehow lol

Few pics here, this is as far as it'll open

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

All done chaps, used the link above and the stereo/sat nav unit has to be popped out first so you can push out the climate unit from behind as that holds the ashtray down.....believe me I tried for an hour first to remove said ashtray without removing the climate lol

Good news is it's all fixed and I'm £2.97 up haha

Reactions: Macdoon
Don't bother removing anything, simply grip the lid in the position it's in now & pull back hard.
theres 2 bolts at the front pulling it will snap the lid off

Hmm, i had no problem pulling mine out when i wrapped the lid on mine

There are three little lugs on the back of the ashtray that prevented me removing it without first removing the climate unit, trust me I tried lol, yours may be different mate

Ash. Same problem here in my DTM. Had to pop stereo and climate and I ended being £3.62 better off.

Ash. Same problem here in my DTM. Had to pop stereo and climate and I ended being £3.62 better off.

Nice one, it's a right ballache ain't it, at least the ashtray works now though although I'll probably never open it haha

Just done mine now, it's been bugging me for months!! Found this post so I had to do it! And now I'm 20p up! Yes! excellent post and easy to follow!

I removed tne gear surround then rempved the ashtray no bother found fews penny struck in ashtray and under it lol