help help help

Parmjit Kaur

Reaction score
hiya i need to speak with you about our dear friend ben williamson we bought a audi a3 06 plate which he said he was selling for an alan doughty?(not sure if surname spelt correctly) as this alan needed the money to bail him out so funds were transferred from my account to bens which is fine got the car and asked for the logbook yeh yeh ive got logbook ill drop it off blah blah this went on for about 8 weekss in the end we applied for the logbook ourselves no problem got insurance etc last week police came round interested in our car said may possibly be stolen were investigating and we were asked not to sell the car.had a phone call today saying the car has been reported stolen by alan doughty claiming he gave the car to ben to fix and the car was his and not only that but alan has now just applied for a logbook but got it!!! the police know we bought the car in good faith and are totaly innocent in this mess but i want to know if you know of this alan guy from london or if anyone knows of a black audi a3 thats been modified that has been stolen or is it a case of ben gave this alan the money and this guy is trying to be clever and also reclaim the car. i must add his alan was not the previous keeper on the logbook but ben claims alan has had the car for at least 3 years!!!! please help this alan guy has got my address and the police have advised us to be aware that someone may try and remove the car from us!!!

If the car was stolen the police would of siezed it of you and impounded it until investigations where complete. Now I cannot see how he can claim to be the owner when the last owner on logbook was not him. If that vehicle is on your drive I would be blocking it in as they will more then likely have a set of keys for it. I personally would not waste your time posting of a forum I would be getting to a solicitor and seeking legal adavice ASAP

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

thats what im doing.but i cant understand how hes got a new v5 with his details when i just got the logbook back 3 weeks ago as dvla have confirmed we are now previous owners

Fraud is a serious offence I would be editing your first post and removing there names or any details about them you have posted anywhere else as that could hinder any legal proceedings your are taking and if they are reading this it will be giving them the heads up play your cards close to your chest ;)

If it was me I would PM a mod and get them to delete this thread and I would only talk about it after the case has been delt with :)

Fraud is a serious offence I would be editing your first post and removing there names or any details about them you have posted anywhere else as that could hinder any legal proceedings your are taking and if they are reading this it will be giving them the heads up play your cards close to your chest ;)

If it was me I would PM a mod and get them to delete this thread and I would only talk about it after the case has been delt with :)

I Agree :yes:

hiya i need to speak with you about our dear friend ben williamson we bought a audi a3 06 plate which he said he was selling for an alan doughty?(not sure if surname spelt correctly) as this alan needed the money to bail him out so funds were transferred from my account to bens which is fine got the car and asked for the logbook yeh yeh ive got logbook ill drop it off blah blah this went on for about 8 weekss in the end we applied for the logbook ourselves no problem got insurance etc last week police came round interested in our car said may possibly be stolen were investigating and we were asked not to sell the car.had a phone call today saying the car has been reported stolen by alan doughty claiming he gave the car to ben to fix and the car was his and not only that but alan has now just applied for a logbook but got it!!! the police know we bought the car in good faith and are totaly innocent in this mess but i want to know if you know of this alan guy from london or if anyone knows of a black audi a3 thats been modified that has been stolen or is it a case of ben gave this alan the money and this guy is trying to be clever and also reclaim the car. i must add his alan was not the previous keeper on the logbook but ben claims alan has had the car for at least 3 years!!!! please help this alan guy has got my address and the police have advised us to be aware that someone may try and remove the car from us!!!

Try using full stops, commas or any decent punctuation & you may get a better responce!!!!