Help!! Haldex sump plug spinning!!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well i've been hit with bad luck!!! Went to change my haldex oil along with the filter... All done but when i got to filling the oil back up and quickly pop the nut back on to tighten, it just kept spinning, i made sure i had practice before with the oil drained so i knew how to put it back on and i didnt even overtighten it! The question is.. what the hell do i do now?? :( All advice and "You idiot!" comments are appriciated :(

All you can do is take it back out, the new oil will drain and you can examine the thread on the plug and the hole, hopefully it will transpire to be the plug thats ******** and a new one sorts it, failing wich probably looking at a helicoil insert into the hole, either way its a bit of a ******, but do keep us posted.

Nige

Thanks guys! Going to order another nut anyhow from audi tomorrow, drain the oil again and see if there is any damage to the thread inside. My dad will get something made if the inside is damaged! I just seen that GSF do the haldex oil for under £14 so i guess i'll have to get it from there since funds are low this month! hopefully get some pics for you guys... anyone had a problem like this before?

Ordered the nut and oil and hopefully collect and take some pics of it tomorrow!

You wolly Gops. Guess I'll not be using you to change mine then lol. Hope you get it sorted bro.

TBH its an easy job rav but sometimes you get hit with bad luck i guess.. If you do it yourself, you do save alot of money! I bought a new nut off audi for £3.40 and haldex oil from GSF for £14 so that'll go on today i hope!! Im ill now though so no working on the car till i get better! :(

TBH its an easy job rav but sometimes you get hit with bad luck i guess.. If you do it yourself, you do save alot of money! I bought a new nut off audi for £3.40 and haldex oil from GSF for £14 so that'll go on today i hope!! Im ill now though so no working on the car till i get better! :(

****, illness blows :(

rightiooo fixed the ******! retapped and used some ptfe tape and some washers and it doesn't seem to leak now! Horray! All thats left is to refit the tray under the car at the front, give her a wash and she's a gooden! :D