Help! Gone in to Limp Mode.

SootySport

Reaction score
It's a BKD DERV Motor folks. Was driving home last night from a trackday with my Westy on a trailer, some gentle acceleration out of a roundabout then a bit of a bang or thud from up front, sounded like a engine mount bolt snapped. Managed to limp of the Dual Carriageway to a side road and called the AA. The AA diagnostic tool could not find any fault codes whatsoever so we lifted the front of the car and had the wheel arch liner off. The engine doesn't seem too loose, can't see any mounts anyway. Checked the I/Cooler pipes, joints and they look good also no clouds of smoke when the accelerator pedal pushed, besides it only revs to just under 3k. rpm then dies. Checked the Vaccum piping and can see no pipes of either.
The car has just passed 100,000 miles which when I expect turbo problems but no fault codes is a mystery.
Is there something really simple I've missed?

Assuming checked all coolant & oil levels at 1st?

Did you check the pipework from the turbo? May not have come off at intercooler but at the turbo outlet instead?

Hopefully it's something simple!

Did you check the pipework from the turbo? May not have come off at intercooler but at the turbo outlet instead?

Hopefully it's something simple!

Turbo pipes seem OK as well but was dark and inspected with a torch. Going to have a thorough check tomorrow, and check for splits as they are not always obvious at 1st. glance.