1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help! Funny noises from front.

benjie Apr 23, 2011

1. benjie

benjie Registered User

Can anyone give me an idea of what may be wrong here... A few weeks ago, on my 1.9 TDI Sport quattro, I started getting a clunk when turning right, not all the time, more so when I go round a small roundabout and take my foot off the accelerator - so the front left dips a bit. On Thursday night I put 10mm hubcentric spacers on and all seemed well. Today when I drove the car, I had the windows open. I noticed that when I turned left a little bit - up to about half a turn - there's a squeak-squeak-squeak sound. It's linked to road speed. Then, as time went on, the squeaking stayed when turning left, but also I'm getting a click. Again, it's when turning left and it sounds like those bits of card in kids' bike spokes - it's also speed related. I haven't had chance to investigate it yet as it's 26 degrees here and a bit warm for it. Any ideas guys?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. cfoster

cfoster Registered User

possibly upper wishbones? Had a similar noise on the front right and replaced all the wishbones, only one of em was fubered!!