help finding n249 on aum please

makster1978

Reaction score
hi I recently bought a 2001 1,8t aum after doing a scan I get fault code 17608 can someone tell me were this is located,car as been mapped to 180 bhp maybe its had a delete but just need to no were to find it firstly,thanks

If you take the plastic cover off that goes just under the inlet near the dip stick the n249 valve is on the underside of the metal plate that's bolted to the inlet

It's the valve in the middle of the metal plate it is really easy to get too all you need is a 5mm Allen key and 10mm socket ratchet and extension just be very careful when removing the plate as it goes throught the dip stick tube and they are usually very brittle and break off.

I have took the metal plate off near the dip stick ,is it the sensor on the left as I am looking down on it.blocked at one end and a single pipe at the other end,theres another solenoid to the right.cheers

The n249 is the bigger valve of the too and is more to the middle
If the plate

is it attached to the plate?both of the ones I have seen are

Yer it is attached to the plate are you planning on changing it? If so I advise you take a picture before disconnecting any is the pipes so you know how they go back on

ye its coming up on diognotics as dead,i am guessing its the one on the right screwed to the plate then,il take a pic and wrap different coloured tape round the pipes it looks like there 3 or 4