help figuring out the correct part number for rear springs

yargnat

Reaction score
hey guys,

So I've had my 2.5tdi B6 Quattro Avant myr 2004, for just under a year now.
In that time, I've always thought the ride height at the rear was a little low.
So, I've had a look underneath, and the rear springs look in good condition, so have probably sagged.
Now I know I could go to Audi, and get the springs, but they are about £100 each, however aftermarket, around £35 each for Sach's.
Question is though, how do I know I'm ordering the correct ones?
I beleive the car has 1BE option.

Thanks for any pointers

If you give your reg to the parts shop theyll be able to identify the correct springs.
Ebay suppliers will do this as well.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: sandis pēlmanis
I guess that is what I am worried about - bought front brake discs and pads recently from GSF. I phoned them up and they told me which parts I needed from the car reg....................When I came to fit, the disc was the wrong size.

If you give your reg to the parts shop theyll be able to identify the correct springs.
Ebay suppliers will do this as well.

If youve got the vag manual, couldn't you get the part no from that?

I guess that is what I am worried about - bought front brake discs and pads recently from GSF. I phoned them up and they told me which parts I needed from the car reg....................When I came to fit, the disc was the wrong size.
They from GSF made a mistake........ Normally with te reg plate and the cars VIN code is enough.......

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

If anything I would say the Avant B6 sits a little high at the front in comparison to the rear, many people fit B5 front spring perch's to bring the stance down at the front. Post a photo of you car, & we can give some input as to whether the rear is down from normal.

DSC 1529
DSC 1530

It certainly looks lower at the rear than my 1.9 SE.

V8TPdyv.jpg

Attachments

• Audi A4 1.9 TDi SE Avant - 14.jpg
    Audi A4 1.9 TDi SE Avant - 14.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 93
I can't seem to upload any photos, but it looks to be exactly the same as my old B6 Avant Sport.

Reactions: yargnat
Shocks could be worn giving a bit of sag, even if its riding at roughly the right height they wont be doing there job.