Help - erratic idle

ABS2788

Reaction score
I've just dropped my little one off to nursery then waiting at traffic lights, the car got possessed. My car started revving from 1000 and below and back etc on idle. I could smell slightly more fuel in the cabin and could hear some extra popping sounds from exhaust etc.

I had my car recalled 3 weeks ago from Audi and had new coil packs but could it be this?

I'm going to try get access to vcds as i am at work now but what would best places to look or could it be from anyone's experience?

Well figured out the issue, you can see one of the nuts missing on the forge cap from when I did the oil catch can has popped out. Persoany think it's a bad flaw from forge but anyone any ideas how I can keep them buggers in there, you can't over tighten as they just fall through? Don't want this happening again

Long shot, but use little bit of plumbing tape around it to make it snug maybe? If not, maybe lockite? Something to snug it in...

Well I used some sealant and re tightened the nuts then to be extra careful, I put a thin tie back around it which was the right size thickness so should be okay now hopefully

Yeh, fairly straight forward to fit, just be careful not to overtight the screws. It hasn't filled up yet as it's only been a week but it's nice to know that crap isn't going back into the engine