Help! Engine Warning light on :(

edmanning

Reaction score
Anyone know what the yellow engine symbol on the dash means? (first symbol, next to the 20mph)

Its on all the time, but the car seems ok ? .. It doesnt appear to have an entry in the user manual though so ive no idea what its supposed to mean..

Please help

cheers..

Engine management light, mines has been on for two weeks. It could be anything. Get it checked out, it should go out after a certain amount of restarts but if its more severe it will come straight back on again.

Mine turns out to be a problem with the O2 sensor Lambda upstream from the Catalyst, i'm getting it sorted out this week.

so i guess its just a general fault type light ?

Is your problem going to be expensive to correct do you know ?

I phone audi today, the part is 106 inc VAT. I doubt you have the same problem though.

Engine warning light could mean anything - might be serious, might not. If the car is driving OK it is not likely to be a serious fault. Do you have Audi roadside assistance? If so they will come out and look at it for you.

fraid not..

i will take it to Audi and get it sorted.. just prefer to know what a problem is likley to be so i dont get wool over my eyes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thanks for everyones help !