[HELP] DRL Lights not working...

K is prefacelift and N is a facelift module that just wont work with your car! K is the highest you can get on your car.
I have F in mine which is running perfectly fine.

i have done so many of these lights.... im sure its just your coding/wiring.
i know you have said that its all checked and working but something is wrong... otherwise it would work.
like you said when you changed the coding to bi-xenon with additional lights and then used the flasher the drl bulbs turned on... so the bulbs are fine and that shows something is right.

Hi, are you sure about the N not working? Bcause it's the same type of CE as K. I think NHN even got one P version to work with his car... So let me ask you what do you think the issue is? Coding was done: north american DRL style, bi-xenon with separate DRL LIGHT, deactivation of additional highbeam with bi-xenon.... Wiring is also done. PIN 4 of the switch to PIN 10 of E plug on the CE, DRL'S TO PIN 3 of A and D CE plugs. Xenon is also wired properly, same thing for the shutter... Man i've checked the wiring like some 10 times now and couldn't find anythin wrong. Supporting that everything works spot on, bi-xenon, parking lights, flasher's... You name it. The only thing being a PITA is the damned DRL that don't light up... Even the switch works because when i code it to scandinavian style the switch lights up the parking lights :confused: that's what's making me mad! As you said it should light up the DRL and rear parking lights (scandinavian) but the DRL don't only the front and rear parking lights. In North american nothing lights up... I'm almost having a mental meltdown.... Grrrrr... So give me your thoughts. Cheers.

Hi,

I've been wandering thru elsa schematics, and i've seen on every of them (from 2006 on) that there should be a relay for terminal 15, qich i don't have.
It appears on every schematics of bi-xenon...
I don't have that relay. I only have relays for KL75, KL30 but no one for KL15.
That relay is caled J681 on ELSA.
Maybe i'm supposed to have this relay? Can you check if you have iton your F?

Here's the schematic and the relay:

reles.png

esquemanr.png

Cheers

Nah the K was superceded to a P, no difference at all though & the N is actually a prefacelift aswell as a facelift board, as is the K & the P, but K doesnt show as a supercession to the N, so would imply its not a high end board.

Simple way to check if you need KL15, check the connectors behind where the relay plugs in, if there's a connector plugged in there, then obviously you need the relay, if not then you may need to add the circuit.

You should get errors with vcds if the circuit doesnt have a relay where it should.

IIRC my high end boards both have all those relays except for B2/B3

Nah the K was superceded to a P, no difference at all though & the N is actually a prefacelift aswell as a facelift board, as is the K & the P, but K doesnt show as a supercession to the N, so would imply its not a high end board.

Simple way to check if you need KL15, check the connectors behind where the relay plugs in, if there's a connector plugged in there, then obviously you need the relay, if not then you may need to add the circuit.

You should get errors with vcds if the circuit doesnt have a relay where it should.

IIRC my high end boards both have all those relays except for B2/B3

Hi,mine doesn't have any plug because my previous CE didn't use it... I don't have B1 B2 and B3... Add the circuit?! I saw the circuit on ELSA and that relay connects to a lot of fuses... Adding the circuit would be a enormous retrofit :eek: if someone could check if the DRL works taking out that relay would be spot on to take out any doubts...I've checked everything that there is to check. Cant't find what the problem is.Something also made me think that the DRL voltage supply is no problem because when i code the headlights to Bi-xenon with additional hi-beam they light up when i tap high beam lever so the CE supplys tension over PIN's 3 of A and D...Don't realy know where else to look... Do you have any spare K CE to sell? Or P?Any thoughts?Cheers and once again thank yoy for the help.

Last edited:
ok i checked mine and i do have the KL15 on my ce
Ok cheers mate. But do you tried to disconect it and turn the DRL on? Because if you do that and they still work then we would see if is that KL15 terminal that supplys voltage to the CE internaly for the DRL. That would be great if you could check... Cheers and onece again thanks and sorry to be such a pita :)