Help, drivers window stuck down.

Stu-pid

Reaction score
As per the title when I'm trying to put it up I'm getting a crunching noise from the motor or behind it where I can see something blue there. Any ideas how to get it up?

After searching it seems like the blue regulator has died on me.

Pop the door trim off and internal membrane, unbolt the glass and lift it and secure with a piece of wood etc!

I've got it up now duck taped in to place till my new regulator comes. Just watched this http://youtu.be/1YHB1y2lZrs
Looks I will have a fun evening this week when it arrives

From experience of these in golfs, Passat's and my S4, buy the original equipment, not the aftermarket version or kits.

It will cost you less in the long run, trust me!!!!

Buy a used 2nd hand one.
I have been through 3 aftermarket kits, two from ebay, one from eurocarparts - they don't last long!

I've got one with a 2 year warranty so it will be fine as I'm not planning having it that long tbh

I've got one with a 2 year warranty so it will be fine as I'm not planning having it that long tbh

The first one I had from ebay lasted about a month - the replacement they sent lasted for about 2 weeks!

Buy a used 2nd hand one.
I have been through 3 aftermarket kits, two from ebay, one from eurocarparts - they don't last long!

OEM only on this part, they all go on all the VAG models and OEM is the only way to make them last. Buying a second hand part that gets so much use is also false economy.

Is it OEM, 2 year warranty will get it replaced but you still either pay for labour either out of you own pocket or you own blood, sweat and tears?

I had already ordered it last nite so just going to live with now. Being a coach-builder I can't see it causing me to many issues to fit it