help car wont start think fuel prob

jim s3

Reaction score
right then guys i had the car running fine for the last few weeks but now when i get in the car to go and start it i cant hear the fuel pump prime and car wontfire up what could it be????i took the fuel lines off in the engine bay and put a cup in the lines thinking when i go to start the car fuel would come out but nothing....

fuel pump?
fuel pump relay?
fuel filter??

any help would be good oh and no fault codes come up..

Fuel pump realy would be the easiest and cheapest to check. You could try bridging the connections just to see if the pump will run, also i assume it is sparking as that would rule out crank sensor etc.

I assume the imo light goes off on the dashboard.

Would it be the ignition coil at all??

Could be the crank sensor (engine speed sensor) if you're not getting a spark, which i guess you're not as you put some fuel through

changed relay and still nothing tested the fuel pump and that works but no fuel getting through to engine the pump doesnt prime when turn keys..

it doing my head in now going to check that i have a spark now

got fuel now but no spark lol where is the ignition coil??

Have you scanned the car? When my crank sensor failed 2 weeks ago it didn't show up on vagcom until the day i fixed it which was 3 days after it wouldn 't start, even though i turned it over every day. If it is the crank sensor that is faulty, it will cost £30 from your local parts place