Help... Car runs awful after Revo remap

koruptc5

Reaction score
My car was in for, cambelt, new water pump and all other belts, New DV, oil change and then Revo s1 yesterday. Got car back and guy said its mis firing like hell and said it could be either plugs, coil packs or leaks. I had to drive the car away as its my daily and it drives awful, it just shudders and goes nowhere under boost and tbh it runs like my celica when belt was a tooth out. im devastated. Its and 2002 A6 1.8T and was running beautifully when i took it in. Do i replace plugs and coils and see or do i suggest they did the belt wrong.

HELP!!!

Craig

oh forgot to add it has also thrown up the engine light thingy.

Surely the fitter who worked on the car should make sure it runs ok before handing it back?? Don't tell me you've paid for this work / bodge?
Commonsense tells the fitter that if it was running spot on before he got his mitts on it but now runs like sh*t, then it's glaringly obvious, even to Stevie Wonder, that he has done something to it to make it worse. Yes / no??

I suggest you take it back to the cowboy who did the work and demand he fixes it.

If this means removing his dodgy sounding remap, so be it...

I can understand being a daily, but driving with a misfire isn't the safest option. When my misfire happened, my boost would randomly change its mind.

Has he not offered to fix it? That ri-donk-ulous.

Its a revo remap. He said i should try plugs and coils as maps often shows these upt to be faulty!?

I smell BS....

He should have retuned the car to standard if there was any issue with the remap... especially if it was "showing up" other areas of concern...

:wtf:

The car idles perfectly fine and revs up perfectly fine stood still, its only under load it misfires and the engine light flashes.

Just rung them and they want £60 labour time to put it back to stock!!!!!

Just rung them and they want £60 labour time to put it back to stock!!!!!

That is an absolute **** take mate. Post up the garage name and location on here so others don't get mugged off. I'd be speaking with my local TSO to see what they say. I'd also get myself down there and kick off until they agree to resolve it, somebody sounding off in their garage about being ripped off is not what they want other customers to hear. Trust me, I did the same in Evans Halshaw on a Saturday afternoon while it was rather busy, needless to say I got a resolve........eventually!!

Reactions: CHEZ
I did the same in Evans Halshaw on a Saturday afternoon while it was rather busy, needless to say I got a resolve........eventually!!

ha ha ha! snap! i did the same and got a new turbo out of it! useless evans halshaw indeed!
anyway back on topic with no thread highjack intended,
take it back while there busy and spout off a bit and make a fuss like advised when there busy!

I think that shows the attitude right there...... wanting more money to sort out a problem that he caused....

Does the guy wear a mask?!?!!?

I would not be accepting that mate.....if it was an honest mistake and error with the map, any decent person would help solve the issue and remove it..... poor, poor show.....

Tell me about it, i think its beacuase theyre very vauxhall biased, if youre not an 18 yo nipper spending all mummy n daddys cash daily on a financed corsa VXR your nobody. :-( on the bright side ive just phoned R-Tech and he has a suspicion the guy who did my map may be telling the truth and what has happend to me he has seen whilst mapping himself, so much so he used to carry coil packs in the van when they used to do call out mobile mapping. so maybe...just maybe when my new coilpacks and plugs arrive tomorrow this will all be over.

Well I do hope so… but at the end of the day, this muppet gave you back a dodgy running car after work that he carried out, and then had the ****** nerve to ask for more to return it to standard… his attitude stinks…

any news now mate on how ur cars running if youv changed the coil packs and plugs?

hey, thanks for asking, done the plugs last night with no change and im sat here at work waiting for new coil packs to arrive, fingers crossed. BTW PSi tuning have half price deal on all coil packs atm, £87 delivered (all 4)

ah k sounds good mate! only asking as iv had the exact same thing happen to me! mapped it ..took it for a drive then it just went into limp mode! no codes came up but when he looked at the engine he said i need 4 new coil packs and 4 new spark plugs to solve it! but he said they have to be genuine audi/vw ones. just rang them and they quoted me £180 on ****** trade price to!! so im hoping that solves the issue on mine to

Damn!!! £180, i dont know if Psi are genuine VAG but they seem to have a good rep and after talking to R Tech yesterday my mind was put at ease after they said it is a common thing to happen after a map. Sorry to hear youre in the same boat as me but on the flipside im glad its not just me suffering from PMD ( post map depression) LOL

LOL i know i was so looking forward to the drive home thinkin this is going to be great lol! iv just spoke to the guy that did the map hes gnatry ring around and get the best spark plugs and coils i need then get em fitted on today cus theres no way i can drive around like this lol feels rubbish!!!

YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!! i have one very fast (compared to standard) sweet running car. was the packs.!!! :) :)

good news and he was right in telling you the map can cause the coils to pack in
but he should have checked for codes as the light was on
and offerd to fit them
or i bet it was only 1 that had gone.
i alwaus carry a spare as they go that offen.

thats good to hear mate!
iv just been to vw and spent £180 on coilpacks and spark plugs.getting them fitted in today at 4. so hopefully that will solve all problems. car feel much quicker now? i hope i have the same feeling as u mate!! lol

Mate, it feels like a new car, im going to be grinning all the way home. Second gear (all i can get up to in my works estate) is ubelievable, it just pulls like a train. You will not be dissapointed. ive had some seriously quick cars in the past and for a 1.8T A6 to put "the Grin" on my face then you should definitley feel the same :)

good news and he was right in telling you the map can cause the coils to pack in
but he should have checked for codes as the light was on
and offerd to fit them
or i bet it was only 1 that had gone.
i alwaus carry a spare as they go that offen.
Thanks mate, tbh the engine light did not come on until the drive home and i myself decided to fit all 4 new ones in my own time as he didnt seem to interested in helping. i wont go back but im very happy with the map, just not a friendly service, next time il use a dedicated VAG tuner.

LOL thats exactly what i want to hear! lol im just counting down the minutes till 4! so i can get out of work and get started on my car lol glad to hear your happy with the map mate! enjoy

Looking sexy in red, genuine boxed VAG coil packs (yes i know theyre disconnected) Seems a shame to cover them Lol

Good luck buddy, hope to hear a very similar story from you tomorrow!!! :)

LOL thats exactly what i want to hear! lol im just counting down the minutes till 4! so i can get out of work and get started on my car lol glad to hear your happy with the map mate! enjoy

Any luck matey!!?

coil packs are very common on these.

the car still shouldn't have left the garage with this problem. usually Cylinder 1, but i change all four (common sense)