1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Car Applied FULL breaks on its own

Okitoo Jun 27, 2018

1. Okitoo

Okitoo New Member

Hi All,
    I have an Audi A6 2.8FSI quattro 2011 with 75k km on it.
    Was driving normally about 40-50 km/h and i was the only one in the street (good luck) its sunny and dry road.
    Suddenly the car applied full breaks for half a second, scared the **** out of me, a message appeared on the dashboard and disappeared, i couldn't catch it but there was something about "break pedal" ... couldn't read the rest because it was gone, then the car drove normally.
    I was driving from home to a repair shop to fix the wheel (there's a nail in it) the moment i was driving all the wheels had the optimum tire pressure (checked and added air before leaving home).

I am glad this didn't happen at higher speeds on the autobahn (usually drive between 180-240 km/h).
    Anyone had this issue before? or might know what is the reason?

Also the car was parked for 2 years. i changed the gearbox oil (basically i lost the gearbox oil while driving one day) and the engine oil (right when i purchased it) should i have flushed the break fluid as well ? might that be a reason? (this is the first time it does that since i purchased it 2000km ago)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Okitoo

Okitoo New Member

anyone ?