Help - cant get into my car!!

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
Just went out to go to work and the doors wont unlock with the fob (I only have the one). The light on the fob is lighting up but the doors are not unlocking.

Any ideas? Flat car battery or could the fob battery be flat?

What kind of battery does the fob take?

Thanks

Unlock using your key

If he hasn't tried this then he is living up to his username. :laugh:

davearcher.jpg

2 minute you tube search... and yes work is very quiet and boring at the moment... looking up new mods and projects to get involved in :ninja:

Been away most of the day at work so only just seen all the replies :)

Yes I do live up to my nickname haha

I hadn't tried entry with the key as I didn't know you could - where is the key hole?

But.. weirdly enough, the car has now unlocked with the fob anyway. Signs of a failing fob battery maybe?

Been away most of the day at work so only just seen all the replies :)

Yes I do live up to my nickname haha

I hadn't tried entry with the key as I didn't know you could - where is the key hole?

But.. weirdly enough, the car has now unlocked with the fob anyway. Signs of a failing fob battery maybe?

Your obviously too young to remember the days when the only way to unlock a car was with the key - not remote locking and no central locking. Passenger doors locked from the inside using the inside handle.

Last time this happened to me it was the battery totally utterly flat - no life at all. Called out the RAC and turned out the phone module had lunched itself and was drawing a constant 1A from the battery at all times. Mechanic tried pulling every fuse but couldn't stop the current draw. Once he got it started from his van I had to drive it around for 20 minutes to get some juice in the battery then immediately disconnect the battery so I'd have enough juice to start it in the morning and drive it to the dealer.