help brake pedel is solid

Syvo

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT
Reaction score
tried to get rid of the pcv valve and put a oil catch can in followed the guide correctly went to take for a drive and found my brake pedel was solid you have to stamp on it to stop any help please

Vacuum pipe to servo is disconected or leaking ,

Rob

just in case ! the servo is in the rear l/hand corner of the engine bay a round flat metal tank with the brake master cylinder in rhe middle with the brake fluid reservior on top of that ,the pipe just is pushed into a rubber grommit in the tank bit and runs to the inlet manifold , the is a non return valve in th pipe line which holds the vacuum this only works if fitted the correct direction

sorry if you knew this but just ib case you dont

Rob

Last edited:
nothing m8 will have to leave it with awesome tomoz get them sort it out had enough of the car so close to just scraping it!

If you have removed all the pipe work under the inlet manifold I suspect you have not fitted a check valve for the servo vacuum hose or left it disconnected altogether...

<tuffty/>

yup, servo no connected.

In the nicest possible way, and this isn't an insult at all, you really need to FULLY understand what all the hoses connected to the inlet do, and how they work and what feeds they require for various components to remain functional.

If you don't understand the system 100%, then it's best to get help from someone who's done it before.

I'm sure it's an easy fix mate, the large bore hard vacuum line comming around the TIP from the brake servo needs to be plumbed into the end of the inlet, and needs a check valve in line such that it can only see vacuum and not boost.

Fix that, and you'll have your brakes back.

all sorted i had put the one way valve on wrong way felt like kicking my self as it was the smallest part i forgot about cheers for the help people

haha, the simplest of problems, but probably the hardest one to spot!

Hope the boost going into the servo hasn't damaged it in any way, I wouldn't think it would, but give it a good test to make sure it's all good. :)

Glad you sorted it :)

its all gd people had cam belt done on saturday also seems to pull better now saving the pennies for exhaust as cancelled my suspension if any one got photoshop giz a pm could do with a lil photoshoping with the exhaust style im after

So Paul this quote is not entirely accurate then ;)

tried to get rid of the pcv valve and put a oil catch can in followed the guide correctly went to take for a drive and found my brake pedel was solid you have to stamp on it to stop any help please

Glad you got it sorted. Having no brakes is scary as hell :sadlike:

lol that would be true in a way followed the guide just fogot to put the one way valve on the correct way lmao

i have done the same thing. I think which way around does the valve go and does anyone have a photo

it's a one-way valve. The direction in which it is open, should be going towards the inlet manifold. No boost should be going toward the brake servo, so if you blow in the hose toward the servo, the valve should be closed.