HELP! Boot Keeps Opening!

Pete20vt

Supermoto Junkie
Reaction score
After unlocking the car the boot opens?! I can hear the lock operating as if i'd used the boot open button by the number plate lights. Even if i get out and shut it the motor goes again and it opens again! This obvioulsy isnt good as the motor keeps persisting in opening the boot any time the car is unlocked including while driving.

Connectors dont look too bad at all, there is a tiny bit of corrosion in each connector so have added a little WD40 to see if that helps.

WD40 made no difference. Is it the plugs that play up or the actual switches as it looks like i will be replacing them?

No all ive done is unplug both connectors to the two switches meaning that i can only open the boot with the key. Partly as i havnt had time to get to Audi and partly because im not sure what i should be replacing, switches or connectors?

Same solution as me. Also I noticed my touch switched have stopped working guessing at the same time.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ i have the exact same problem with my audi a3 Facelift model (2000-2003 shape).. the boot keeps poping open, and once its poped open, i can hear it still trying to pop open!! even wen its open! and it does it wen the car is stationary after being started up, and while driving!! What would cause this problem? can i fix it? DIY style?

the easiest way to fix would be to replace both the switches and the plugs/pins. that way you get rid of all the corrosion and have fresh connections!