HELP Audi S3 Fitted new front tyres and now got a horrible ride

Eggyevo

Reaction score
Audi S3 Fitted new front tyres and now got a Horrible ride I can feel every bump on the road it’s annoying
Before fitting the the tyres i my car was smooth with no problems
Has anyone else experience this before?

Last edited:
We went the opposite in that we had P Zeros on our TT. Harsh ride, not nice at all.
Changed to Continental
SportContact 5 and the ride improved lots.

I had pirelli’s on before and now just put Nexen because someone said there really good
But there absolutely crap

Can anyone recommend what tyres are good please

I fitted Uniroyal Rainsport 3 all round yesterday and don't have any complaints.
I think Nexen are a budget brand.

I’m thinking of getting Uniroyal Rainsport or Firestone Roadhawk

I fitted Uniroyal Rainsport 3 all round yesterday and don't have any complaints.
I think Nexen are a budget brand.
Another vote for the Rainsport 3's here!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Nexens on an S3! I've said this before, but the tyres are one of the easiest mods you can make to both the safety and handling of your car. Get some Mich PS4's on there and be done. Let that be a lesson on being cheap.

Reactions: S. and Daveyonthemove
I agree with the above comment.
Find the BEST tyre you can afford. There are thousands of review sites, forums and Youtube Videos to help you make the best choice, or at least a very good one.
If you are considering Rainsport 3, I got all 4 delivered for under £300 from Demon Tweeks. Factor in the extra for fitting, but for a decent brand that price is extremely good. PS4's are highly recommended if you have the budget, but if you settled for Nexen I'm guessing you don't want to spend that much.

I would suggest if not already done so put the correct tyre pressure into you tyres and see what like now if there not any better try and see if you have a place near you who do the nitrogen fill and see if that helps your ride especially if your on a budget . Mind an S3 is not a Fordie so your parts will mostly be expensive to get the best out your car so i hope you have deep pockets . :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Nexen :wtf:. Rain sports nice soft and grippy, I like then but do wear quick.

I would suggest if not already done so put the correct tyre pressure into you tyres and see what like now if there not any better try and see if you have a place near you who do the nitrogen fill and see if that helps your ride especially if your on a budget . Mind an S3 is not a Fordie so your parts will mostly be expensive to get the best out your car so i hope you have deep pockets . :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Forget the nitrogen inflation, it's a waste of money, a con really. If yer want an argument on it,
I'm ready:box:

Forget the nitrogen inflation, it's a waste of money, a con really. If yer want an argument on it,
I'm ready:box:
@SootySport i guess its horses for courses mate as i had it done in my last S3 and can safely say the car handele better and i had budget tyres on .
So put them up.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

now now children,you go to that side of the room and you go to that side until you can play nicely
:cheerful:

Reactions: ch1z64 and SootySport
I've had Nitrogen on past cars and didn't notice any difference during normal driving conditions.
However, I used to travel away a lot for months at a time so the car would be left stationary for the duration. When the tyres just had air in them I would often return to at least one flat tyre. With Nitrogen in the tyres they were often only a couple of PSI lower, meaning I could drive to the local filling station and top them up.
If your car is left stationary for months at a time, Nitrogen is worth it. IMO.