** HELP ** Audi A3 XENON HEADLIGHT

khan_1212

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how i can go about installing bi-xenon headlights on my audi a3 2007 Sline.
I have brought the bi-xenon headlights but there is a problem.
The standard halegon headlight loom which is already in the car has 9 pins but the bi-xenon headlight requires a loom which has 11 pins. So the loom on the car doesnt fit the bi-xenon headlights.
Has anyone converted standard halegon headlights to bi-xenon headlight and if so how they went about doing this?

Many Thanks

I'm sure this quite a tricky task but hopefully someone will be able to offer more info.

they arent plug and play even with an adater loom (youll get it from kufatec) you will need a rewire central convenience module light module and levelling sensors to get it all to work, then add the optional washer jets into the mix

Drop NHN a pm. He's the man for the job. (Well, for mine)

Anyone know where i can get a adapter to convert halogen to xenon headlight for an audi a3 2007??

Last edited:
Isn't the connector between standard xenon and halogen the same? I thought it was only the Bi-xenon/ASF that needed the adaptor (plus a lot more too)

Thaks PLUVES1, but that link is for a kit from halogen to bi-xenon.. whereas the headlights i have are xenon, and KHUFU the standard connector for halogen has 9 pins and doesn't fit the xenon. the xenon headlight requires a 10/11 pin adaptor

The part number for the xenon headlight i have is: 8P0 941 003 AA

AA rev are bi-xenon, thats why you need adaptors. You will also need at least a rev 8P0 907 279 K central electics module to code the car to accept bi-xenons. Sorry, your gonna have fun getting them to work.

Anyone know where i can get a adapter to convert halogen to xenon headlight for an audi a3 2007??

Dont need one, same 10 pin connector if its standard single vision xenons.

Isn't the connector between standard xenon and halogen the same? I thought it was only the Bi-xenon/ASF that needed the adaptor (plus a lot more too)

Yeap, 10 pin for halogen/xenon 14 pin for bixenon/adaptive

whereas the headlights i have are xenon, and KHUFU the standard connector for halogen has 9 pins and doesn't fit the xenon. the xenon headlight requires a 10/11 pin adaptor

The part number for the xenon headlight i have is: 8P0 941 003 AA

Sorry you're wrong mate, as above & as Ewan has advised AA iirc are bixenon.

You will also need at least a rev 8P0 907 279 K central electics module to code the car to accept bi-xenons. Sorry, your gonna have fun getting them to work.

F revision central electrics iirc is 23 byte, so is the lowest version needed for the proper coding of bixenons or you'll have issues guaranteed.

Khan, try to keep the xenon issue you have to one thread please mate as we will have info across many threads when you need it all in one mate, I will ask the mods to merge the 2 I've seen or if you could please as pointless having multiple for same discussion, thanks.

hi mate its seems you know your stuff
maybe you will be able to help me

AUDI a3 2012
i bought bi xenon headlights
and bought adapter lead
i connect all as in instruction everything is working fine apart left day running light right works fine i getting fault code its short to ground but i check all wiring 3 times
any help