1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help AGU can't get MOT because no EML\CEL

SPJ Aug 9, 2018

1. SPJ

SPJ New Member

AGU can't get MOT because no EML\CEL

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Why what wrong with it? You are a bit vague with ur description. Could be ur build has gone or maybe some one took bulb out.

4. SPJ

SPJ New Member

It doesn't self test but it works when I do instrument test on dianostic tool and only error code is for collant temp sensor thers loads of people saying it doesn't work on agu's because the ecu's ****

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Can you get the car scanned with VCDS or at least post the actual fault codes please?

Does the CEL come on wit the ignition? if not then chances are someone has taped over it... the light is a surface mount LED so doubt its blown but not unusual to be taped over by a previous owner

<tuffty/>

hydro s3 likes this.
  6. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

Your tester is a moron and should be shot immediately.

There is NO EML Fitted to an agu car from the factory.

You won't have any joy finding or fixing one if it doesn't exist.

7. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

it's an MOT failure for one not to light up on pre ignition test - but jokes if you now need to have one on cars which were never fitted with one.

8. SPJ

SPJ New Member

Thank you @Prawn t
    Thank you thats what I was saying to him he then he tried to ring audi and vw but they couldn't tell him either and I showed him you tellin someone else it doesn't have one and some others sayin the same but he didn't care. I'm based in bristol do you anywhere I could get it done please

9. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

Get your money back from this organisation, there is a compliant telephone number on the MOT board. I would phone then from the garage and say they have failed your car for no EML light even though they were not on your '98 model of Audi. What a bunch of clowns

10. ben4866

ben4866 Member

I can confirm my '97 agu doesn't have an EML either.

Your testing surely can't expect every car he tests should have one?

Perhaps he was a millennium baby?

11. antwan64og

antwan64og Well-Known Member

This had me puzzled, even with a major malfunction and bucking like a bronco under misfires no CEL ever gets thrown on the AGU

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. SPJ

SPJ New Member

So I've just been to every garage in my area and none of them want to do the mot one told me go to audi and the only place that says they mite is kwikfit they said I'll just have to book it in and they'll check on their computer when they plug it in should i do it or do you think they're just guna rob me

14. Rainbird

Rainbird Active Member

Take it to your nearest council place if you're struggling. They don't do repairs so no pressure to sell you **** you don't need.

15. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

I got both my van and car mot’d at kwik fit last month at £25 each and both passed