HELP! (a4 b7 140 bhp) or (conversion a4 b6 130 bhp to b7)

r-y-e

Reaction score
Im looking for info on what to buy next either b6 130 bhp or b7 140bhp, first thoughts was b8 but I keep cars 2 years and always loose on value plus I'm saving for a nice garage with an house :)

a nice cars is a nice car to me no matter what age! I seam to go up and down years a lot lol.

Ive own the b5 1.9 110 and loved this car to drive 240k when i sold it was never any trouble

and the b7 1.9 115bhp nice car to drive but in my opinion its very underpowered

now i own a 2.0tdi a3 140bhp, i don't trust the 2.0tdi and also I've noticed its there all noisier than the 1.9 and also the turbos are like chocolate also its a 3door and common the doors sag! Spoiling the line on the body

If i get the b6 it will be a project, i have all the doors and full front end and the wheels from a b7 sline i will just need to drop on a rear

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 177
Dose anybody know if the complete front end and doors of the b7 require any mods to fit the b6 or are they strait fit.

my a3 i had to custom fit the front wings, would this require the same.

The general consensus is that the 1.9 is a better and stronger engine, though not had any trouble (touch wood) with my b7 2.0tdi 170...

I would not bother doing the B6 conversion if your old going to keep the car 2 years, your not going to get the money back, also could be difficult to sell later on.

The general consensus is that the 1.9 is a better and stronger engine, though not had any trouble (touch wood) with my b7 2.0tdi 170...

Ye i like the 1.9 I've had a few with no problems other than general wear,
And as for power i already have a cheep toy (rb33 skyline) so all i want is something thats not over revving at 70-90 and comfy with the jet ski/caravan hooked up.

Dose anybody know if the complete front end and doors of the b7 require any mods to fit the b6 or are they strait fit.

my a3 i had to custom fit the front wings, would this require the same.

Yeah same (I think... no idea about a3 conversions to be honest) need to cut the two fenders in half to make it match up.

If you end up wanting to get rid of b7 bits I'm after most the front end minus bumper and lights.

I would not bother doing the B6 conversion if your old going to keep the car 2 years, your not going to get the money back, also could be difficult to sell later on.
I like messing in the garage...i seem to loose more money buying cars at current value, plus i wouldn't have A lot of cash in it tbh i broke a few vag cars all the parts i have already and pretty much owe me nothing lol.

Ive gathered

half black leather half swede interior
Some genuine sline alloys
Sline front end and doors
Sline steering wheel and complete jet black dash bored
I would have to root to find what else but theres more I'm sure lol

Yeah same (I think... no idea about a3 conversions to be honest) need to cut the two fenders in half to make it match up.

If you end up wanting to get rid of b7 bits I'm after most the front end minus bumper and lights.
Ye I've seen it were people have cut the two fender haha, evan tho i am a welder buy trade i was thinking off using b7 uncut fenders doors and rear quarters because i want the b7 rear end also.

If you want front and rear would be better off buying a b7 1.9 and putting different injectors and turbo on.

Reactions: ruairi83 and tut_gareth
If you want front and rear would be better off buying a b7 1.9 and putting different injectors and turbo on.

X 2 on 1.9.

I have one and I knew turbo was about to go so got turbo redone with 150bhp golf internals and hybrid'd. Stage two remap an car
Is at comfortable 168bhp and the power is great.

Only cost £360 for turbo and stage two map as it was already remapped to 145bhp. Tunner said if I change injectors etc I could get close to 200bhp but am happy where I am with it.

As i said before i like messing about, i already have the parts so at the most its a couple of week in the garage after work ha.
i don't want to be buying turbos and 6 speed box ect.. i need reliability and smart... Plus i would put my own touches like colour of choice, i also have something in mined that i have never seen done to the b7's yet.

Last edited:
X 2 on 1.9.

I have one and I knew turbo was about to go so got turbo redone with 150bhp golf internals and hybrid'd. Stage two remap an car
Is at comfortable 168bhp and the power is great.

Only cost £360 for turbo and stage two map as it was already remapped to 145bhp. Tunner said if I change injectors etc I could get close to 200bhp but am happy where I am with it.
I don't want to do any engine mods to this one but i do have a old t reg 110bhp non-pd gt tdi mk4 golf currently sorn off the road.
it pulls unreal for an old bird ha its only had a £150 map I've not ever had it on the rollers to see the bhp.... My mates 170bhp seat leon doesn't pull away :)

Also another good point to put in about the b6-b7 conversion is i already have the new parts and once I've sold all the old b6 panels wheels airbags and seats, i am pretty sure i would have a 2k!! b7 :) obviously i do am doing everything... painting welding ect.

I reckon this would be an easier conversion without having to hack wings

This is a good conversion in my op for the estate but not saloon because i ain't not too sure on b6 saloon rear lights :/

Good luck with the conversion :happy: looking forward to progress.

View attachment 27656

I reckon this would be an easier conversion without having to hack wings

Depends what you mean by easier as that guy also replaced doors and other bits undoubtedly making it a heck of a lot more expensive and having a lot more things to change.

Good luck with the conversion :happy: looking forward to progress.

Depends what you mean by easier as that guy also replaced doors and other bits undoubtedly making it a heck of a lot more expensive and having a lot more things to change.
I already have all the doors and complete front end so all i would need is the rear quarters and the rear lock carrier from b7'

It may sound easy just buying a b7 but i have too many freebie parts waisting away lol, also would like the car too look like Audi could have built it but very different.

Last edited: