hello

dappadan786

Reaction score
hello there,

ive just registered so i thought id pop in and say hello.

im proud owner of a audi A4(B5) 1.8T sports.

havent dont much to the car apart from a custom powerflow exhaust+ ECU remap done by DNA-Tuning, and 18" RS4 replica alloys.

im currently in the process of buying all the parts i need for a K04 install.

i am also welcome to any suggestion or parts that anyone may have for sale.

currently im looking for S4 B5 calipers if anyones got any? ive been told they will fit my car and i can use the larger rotors.

im honoured to be part of this community and looking forward to learning abit more and getting to know everyone better.

thank you.

if you wait a week i may have a set for sale. I'm hopefully upgrading to RS4 brakes.

welcome. i'm fairly certain the S4 brakes ain't a straight bolt on upgrade, i think you need the hubs and suspension too as the mountings are different to the 1.8T. you might be able to get away with some adapter plates

shineydave said:
welcome. i'm fairly certain the S4 brakes ain't a straight bolt on upgrade, i think you need the hubs and suspension too as the mountings are different to the 1.8T. you might be able to get away with some adapter plates

thank you! really appreciate the advise. is there any way of finding out for sure?

ive been doing alot of reading in various forums and i came across 2 ways of gettin big brakes on he A4 without spending £1000+

option 1 was to use S4 B5 calipers with S4 discs.

option 2 use TT calipers and A6/A8 discs.

dont know how accurate that is.

thank you for the info.

hello and welcome, shineydave is correct, (as always) s4 brakes are not straight bolt on, however if you fit tt/s3 caliper carriers you can then run 312mm discs from the a6.

snoop said:
hello and welcome, shineydave is correct, (as always) s4 brakes are not straight bolt on, however if you fit tt/s3 caliper carriers you can then run 312mm discs from the a6.

hello Snoop,

Thanks for confirming that, i will have look at the TT/S3 calipers.

i wanted something close to he brembo and porsche calipers without spending too much the S4 are alot bigger than the A4 B5 stock.

i dont want to spend too much on them ive got a budget of around £3-400 for discs and calipers the rest is going towards the K04 upgrade ive got coming.

do you guys have any recomendations? if i went the S4 way what modifications would i need to do and would it be worth it?

thank you all for your help and warm welcome.

regards,
Dan

Yeah the S4 calipers dont bolt on with out the hubs etc.

I have done the 312mm upgrade. Worth it if your going to buy new discs anyway.

As confirmed, the S4 callipers will not fit without the hubs but other than that the 1.8t shocks will swap straight over on to the S4 hubs the rear setup for the S4 is meant to be a straight swap and no hubs needed.

The big disc conversion only need the discs and Carriers not the callipers to have a nice upgrade that I also did on my 2.8q SC and found it worked great on the track too with ECS floating discs with grooves.

Thanks to everyone for the info, much appreciated.

will look in to this further.

cheers,

Dan

*update, just looked up what hubs do and what they are(sorry for sounding thick im a beginner and still learning alot)

ive got a better idea of what needs doing now.

Thank you for all your help.

hi dappadan post some pics lets have a look at your motor

johnyj said:
hi dappadan post some pics lets have a look at your motor
Hi mate, no probs mate ill do that when i get home. pretty much standard at the moment. Its got only 18" RS4 Replicas, tints and custom powerflow exhaust.

cheers.

Dan.

hi mate, pics are in the gallery.

car is pretty much stock at the moment the pics are abit old, wil upload some new ones when i get the chance. its been remapped by john at DNATUNING.com and has a custom powerflow exhaust(big mistake). other bits include drilled and grooved 3G brake discs.
clear side indicators.

Dan