Hello mt first post and first question

martinA4passat

Reaction score
:respekt: Hi all, I have been driving B5's for a while now and decided to join, I will be replacing my shocks and springs at the weekend on my 2000 B5 saloon, with Koni str-t shocks and springs, I was thinking if I buy new top mounts can I build the struts in advance ready to put on or is there anything else I need at the top end? Ie.. Shock.. spring.. top mount..washer...new nut. will be leaving the pinch bolt untouched as I had so many problems last time I did this. Basically what I am looking for is a breakdown of parts to build up the strut, Also does the top mount come with the washer? Now I am thinking there must be a bump-stop involved somewhere too!

Any help would be appreciated.:icon_thumright:

Try a local indy if you're unsure or allow an extra few hours, lol.

or, try searching the various threads?
Best of luck.

No offence buddy, But you are probably making more work for your self in the long run.

Not a big job to build them up, so you would waste more time than saved.

That's only my opinion though fella

Or as mentioned, local ind or scrappy if you want to go that route

Oh and watty, have you changed your signatue pictures?

They look different :sly:

You will need the spring seats (top and bottom) the top mounts themselves, the spacer sleeves, washers, nuts. that's off the top of my head

Oh and watty, have you changed your signatue pictures?

They look different :sly:

Sig pics are the same, just changed the avatar? Thanks for all your input too over the last few months as your car gave Sarah her inspiration to get modding and lots of it.

Sig pics aThanks for all your input too over the last few months as your car gave Sarah her inspiration to get modding and lots of it.

Cheers fella!

I love to spend other peoples money :)

Thanks for the advice, I think I will just do it all in one go :thumbsup: