hello guys

kormilo1950

Reaction score
Hi guys,
previously a regular on cupra-net, now coming here since my Leon FR (MY17 with all extras and all the rattle:grumpy:) is soon to be replaced by a MY18 S3 saloon.
Was super happy with the Leon but then came the well known rattle problem, some disturbing noise from the back too and dozen trips to the dealer. Awesome car in every way, but they really need to sort out those rattle problems. Was not thinking of swaping the FR this soon but got a very nice deal on the S3 so goodbye fr rattles and hello to dsg farts:rock:
S3 configuration is daytona grey with s-tronic,black optic pack, super sport seats with extended leather pack, virtual cockpit with mmi, matrix lights, folding door mirrors, parking system plus, heated seats, steering wheel with paddle shifters.
Also a quick question: will the 19x8.5 ET40 wheel with 235/35/19 tire fit the S3?
Thanks in advance for all the future help and many safe miles/km for all of you. cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyWin and THQuattro
Welcome to audi-sport.net. When do you take collection of the car? Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome along! Be interesting to read your thoughts on a comparison between the Cupra and the S3.

Thank you all for the welcome!
Car should take delivery through January, possibly a bit later since I'm sorting out the Leon return and everything. Considering it's 90 day wait cca. for the new car in Croatia I'm fine by that.

Welcome along! Be interesting to read your thoughts on a comparison between the Cupra and the S3.
Mine is an FR not a Cupra. I've actually driven a Cupra (290 model) few times but not enough to give you proper info I think you are looking for. If you have something specific you want to know I'll gladly help if I can.

Any of you guys/gals have answer on my question in the inital post regarding the wheel fitment and size?

My Leon for the end.
IMG 4689

Reactions: Ian66
Thank you all for the welcome!
Car should take delivery through January, possibly a bit later since I'm sorting out the Leon return and everything. Considering it's 90 day wait cca. for the new car in Croatia I'm fine by that.

Mine is an FR not a Cupra. I've actually driven a Cupra (290 model) few times but not enough to give you proper info I think you are looking for. If you have something specific you want to know I'll gladly help if I can.

Any of you guys/gals have answer on my question in the inital post regarding the wheel fitment and size?

My Leon for the end.
View attachment 141071

A nice looking car. No reason specifically just interested was all. January will soon come round as well.