Hello from Scotland

DCH

Reaction score
Thought id sign up after lurking for a bit gleaning some valuable info on the S3 8l. After owning a Mk1 Golf Gti for the last few years, its time for a new project so I am now stepping up my search to purchase but there seems to be a scarcity of ones for sale in my area, or good ones that tick all or some of the boxes i am looking for. Seems no better place to ask, but if there are any members who know of an honest S3 8l, or one soon to come onto the market then please let me know, it really would be much appreciated.

All the best

DCH

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Have you had a look in our classifieds section. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: DCH
Thanks for the welcome Sandra, looks an decent motor, but im after the S3 8l specifically. Ive had a scan through the classifieds but nothing too recent or anything that is jumping out

No suggestion ignored however

DCH

If I see anything in classifieds I will let you know,

Just a quick update to my first post.

After a 3 month search and some hard decision making, I have now purchased a S38L. Bought and collected last Saturday from an absolute gent and genuine seller in S Wales. Long drive back to Aberdeen. but thankfully it handled the drive effortlessly with no issues to report. The car is everything described and more which is testament to the previous owners, its probably the best driving car ive owned since my 85 coupe quattro. Low miles at 88k, FSH, lots of the big jobs done like timing belt clutch and flywheel, new calipers disks and pads on the rear, and much money spent on it that will hopefully save me some bank ache. The interior is great and overall its very presentable for its age. It drives and feels tight as it should, the ecu remap is very smooth and it pulls very well. Like all cars of this age there are improvements to be made, however it really doesnt need anything and could easily be driven daily from the off, but early signs are its a keeper. No oil or coolant loss (as yet) and has sat to temp since purchase. It did use a little oil on the 650mile journey but i know these engines do drink a little so not concerned. My plans are to treat it to a full service, all oils and all filters, gearbox diffs and haldex, clean the sump and oil pick up pipe all for peace of mind. I have a replacement rear bumper which will be fitted this weekend as this was the only bodywork issue that let it down as it had a few marks and dents on the bottom crease. I managed to pick up a very good condition rear bumper for only £30 locally. I`ll get the arch liners off and give everything a good clean up and maybe some waxoiling. It wont be used in anger over winter other than weekly start and maybe round the block a few times (lot of salt on roads up here). It`ll be driven on dry days only to keep the miles off. In future, ill get a badger TIP and cone filter to get a little more out of it, refurb alloys and paint some areas that could be improved. Other than that, delighted with the purchase.

If anyone recognises the car, or any previous owners are on here id love to hear from you and its history.

K Regards
DCH

S3 1

S3 2

S3 3

S3 4

Reactions: THQuattro, GAS MONKEY and RS5 JON
Just a quick update to my first post.

After a 3 month search and some hard decision making, I have now purchased a S38L. Bought and collected last Saturday from an absolute gent and genuine seller in S Wales. Long drive back to Aberdeen. but thankfully it handled the drive effortlessly with no issues to report. The car is everything described and more which is testament to the previous owners, its probably the best driving car ive owned since my 85 coupe quattro. Low miles at 88k, FSH, lots of the big jobs done like timing belt clutch and flywheel, new calipers disks and pads on the rear, and much money spent on it that will hopefully save me some bank ache. The interior is great and overall its very presentable for its age. It drives and feels tight as it should, the ecu remap is very smooth and it pulls very well. Like all cars of this age there are improvements to be made, however it really doesnt need anything and could easily be driven daily from the off, but early signs are its a keeper. No oil or coolant loss (as yet) and has sat to temp since purchase. It did use a little oil on the 650mile journey but i know these engines do drink a little so not concerned. My plans are to treat it to a full service, all oils and all filters, gearbox diffs and haldex, clean the sump and oil pick up pipe all for peace of mind. I have a replacement rear bumper which will be fitted this weekend as this was the only bodywork issue that let it down as it had a few marks and dents on the bottom crease. I managed to pick up a very good condition rear bumper for only £30 locally. I`ll get the arch liners off and give everything a good clean up and maybe some waxoiling. It wont be used in anger over winter other than weekly start and maybe round the block a few times (lot of salt on roads up here). It`ll be driven on dry days only to keep the miles off. In future, ill get a badger TIP and cone filter to get a little more out of it, refurb alloys and paint some areas that could be improved. Other than that, delighted with the purchase.

If anyone recognises the car, or any previous owners are on here id love to hear from you and its history.

K Regards
DCH

View attachment 166381

View attachment 166382

View attachment 166383

View attachment 166384

Looks like you've bought yourself a cracking S3 :thumbs up:

JG

Welcome mate that’s a nice looking car you have managed to pick up