1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from S4 B8 Avant Owner in Leicester

Ady Goodrich Jul 17, 2018

1. Ady Goodrich

Ady Goodrich New Member

Hi Everyone

I've been on this forum a few times but thought I'd better formally join up and say hello.

I've had a 2009 S4 B8 Avant S-tronic for around 18 months now, in black with black leather interior. Pretty standard spec with the only difference now are the alloys being refurbished in anthracite grey.

I had 18 months warranty with the car, but now that's run out I may consider a Revo Stage 1 or 1+ remap, but it's coming up to nearly 100k miles I wanted to make sure everything else is running fine first. No issues so far except the odd clunk from the gearbox sometimes when changing in D mode, so may need a Mechtronic /PCB solonoid refurb at some point.

Otherwise it's a great practical fast family car.

Cheers

Ady

Attached Files:

Tashfeen and Sandra like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Hi Ady, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car. Hope you enjoy the car and the forum :)

Ady Goodrich likes this.
  4. Ady Goodrich

Ady Goodrich New Member

Thanks for the welcome Sandra, great forum here so I'm sure I'll have fun!

Sandra likes this.
  5. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Welcome to the forum buddy and looks like a well looked after motor so, well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandra and Ady Goodrich like this.
  6. Ady Goodrich

Ady Goodrich New Member

Cheers mate, just had a quick look at your S4, looks amazing! Makes me want to mod mine! I've seen quite a few youtube vids on the stage 2 MRC S4s and they are pretty much unbeatable!

Sandra and Tashfeen like this.
  7. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Cheers mate. It is a minefield, once you get the 'mod-bug' there is no end to it .

Revo, APR, and MRC all are good. After reading the reviews as well as talking to the tuners around Oxford I decided to go ahead with MRC, plus they are local to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandra likes this.
  8. Ady Goodrich

Ady Goodrich New Member

I've heard MRC are great, I think Revo installers are nearer to me... I'll look into it a bit more after the summer.