Hello from Dubai S3

24hrs and my car touches down into Dubai.
eknryan Is yours alsoshowing that the vessel arrives into Jebel ali Port at 10pm on the 9th?

The Eukor schedule is saying 0800 on the 10th into Jebel Ali. Hopefully this doesn't slip any further and the port clearance is smooth. Not long to wait now!

aaaaaand Touchdown

Reactions: eknryan
I hope Al Nabooda get her ready for you quickly NDK!

Reactions: ndk83
I have a slight feeling you might get yours first. Lets just see.

Hey guys! I just ordered my S3 two days back in Dubai. So far its the base model which is decently specked, however im wondering if i should add the magnetic ride option. It would mean that i have to wait longer, which honestly im very reluctant to. Is it worth the wait, especially here in Dubai, where the roads are pretty good? Any other option worth looking at on tp of the base?? would love your inputs...cheers!

Hey guys! I just ordered my S3 two days back in Dubai. So far its the base model which is decently specked, however im wondering if i should add the magnetic ride option. It would mean that i have to wait longer, which honestly im very reluctant to. Is it worth the wait, especially here in Dubai, where the roads are pretty good? Any other option worth looking at on tp of the base?? would love your inputs...cheers!

If your not gonna mod ur car, id say yes its worth it, Ive only heard/read good things about the mag ride. Is your only concern the wait time? how long extra do you have to wait?

You may be better off asking in a different thread too. None of us Dubai folk have any first hand experience w Mag ride.

If your not gonna mod ur car, id say yes its worth it, Ive only heard/read good things about the mag ride. Is your only concern the wait time? how long extra do you have to wait?

You may be better off asking in a different thread too. None of us Dubai folk have any first hand experience w Mag ride.
The Wait time is a minimum of a month more. As of now my car is scheduled to be made on week 20, so according to the dealership, its 8-10 weeks from then. But if i opt for the magnetic ride option, it gets pushed by a month. So im desperately trying to figure out if its worth it. Also does the led lights package really add any value?? And what about the blindspot monitoring pacakage, its 7000dhs more...is it worth it?

The Wait time is a minimum of a month more. As of now my car is scheduled to be made on week 20, so according to the dealership, its 8-10 weeks from then. But if i opt for the magnetic ride option, it gets pushed by a month. So im desperately trying to figure out if its worth it. Also does the led lights package really add any value?? And what about the blindspot monitoring pacakage, its 7000dhs more...is it worth it?

7000 aed???? for what? Just the blindspot monitoring? did u add an extra 0 by mistake?

LED lights; other than looks, it doesn't add any value. They arnt Matrix LEDs, and will prob be updated during the refresh. Mag ride: Its a nice option to have but its not a deal breaker. Youll be just as happy with or without it. Personally though, if the price is right id opt for it and wait the additional month. Blind spot; nice safety feature, but in my opinion, unnecessary.

BUT These are decisions only YOU can make, so my advice is as follows :

If you can't wait an extra month or you're stretching yourself financially as it is, get the car as is.
If financially, you can afford the extras, and since your gonna wait a couple of months anyway, it makes sense to get what the options you want.

Search the forum, youll see lots of discussions on your questions that might help you make up your mind better.

7000 aed???? for what? Just the blindspot monitoring? did u add an extra 0 by mistake?

LED lights; other than looks, it doesn't add any value. They arnt Matrix LEDs, and will prob be updated during the refresh. Mag ride: Its a nice option to have but its not a deal breaker. Youll be just as happy with or without it. Personally though, if the price is right id opt for it and wait the additional month. Blind spot; nice safety feature, but in my opinion, unnecessary.

BUT These are decisions only YOU can make, so my advice is as follows :

If you can't wait an extra month or you're stretching yourself financially as it is, get the car as is.
If financially, you can afford the extras, and since your gonna wait a couple of months anyway, it makes sense to get what the options you want.

Search the forum, youll see lots of discussions on your questions that might help you make up your mind better.

Maybe I'm mistaken bout the exact price, but it is on the expensive side. Going again to test drive the car later this week, so will pay more attention to the suspension set up an then make my decision.

So how are you enjoying your car so far?

Maybe I'm mistaken bout the exact price, but it is on the expensive side. Going again to test drive the car later this week, so will pay more attention to the suspension set up an then make my decision.

So how are you enjoying your car so far?

Didnt get it yet. a few more days i hope.

Have they been recommending any fuel additives in Dubai? The local dealer has suggested adding Audi G17 every other thank to reduce carbon build-up due to the poor gas quality.

Reactions: ndk83
Have they been recommending any fuel additives in Dubai? The local dealer has suggested adding Audi G17 every other thank to reduce carbon build-up due to the poor gas quality.
Havnt heard the dealer mention it yet. Maybe upon delivery of the car.

The local dealer has suggested adding Audi G17 every other thank to reduce carbon build-up due to the poor gas quality.

Btw do you know if our cars come with MPI? I dont think they do, but would nice to get a definate answer

eknryan Im picking it up on Sat (21st). I got delayed from my end. What about urs?