Hello from Dorset - B6 S4

VaguelyAmused

Reaction score
Hi all,

Seems about right I join and say hi now that I am the proud owner of a 2004 B6 S4, these forums were invaluable in the lead-up to purchase and then to calm some of my worries afterwards!

If I've grasped the image upload process she should be below. Bought against many of my sensibilities, off ebay without seeing it first (don't worry I chewed the sellers ear off with the number of questions!). Collecting involved flying from Southampton to Glasgow and driving her back (9 hours in the end, caravans deciding to disintegrate along the M6 but it allowed for some bonding).

I've moved from a Golf Mk4 2.8 4Motion which I will miss, but the V8 growl has me quickly forgetting the Golf. There are a few things, if I am honest that will take some getting used to compared to the Golf - stupid high bite point on the clutch makes rev matching on down shifting a PITA and I think I am am conscious of the DBW rather than DBC, that ever so slight thinking it does but I think some of it may be needing to adjust driving style - the torque in S4 makes me sit a gear or two higher than I did in the Golf.

Wheels I have changed to some 10 V-Spoke alloys I think they are called, off a Q5 SE with an ET39 offset - I quite like them anyway :)

I had the "Brakes!!" warning on the way back from Glasgow which was a little disconcerting, faffing about a bit trying to pipette a bit more brake fluid into the reservoir before finally buying a used reservoir off ebay for £11 and swapping the sensor over resolved that (ps does anyone know how these actually work, I expected some leakage of brake fluid but the sensor doesn't come into contact with the fluid at all).

Air con has been a pain, stuck on ECON. A fault scan showed the pressure switch faulty so replaced this for it to then say low pressure. Had it re-gassed for it to finally look like its probably the ac compressor clutch, for the few times a year I would use the ac I don't think its worth the expense - looks like a nightmare job.

She has the usual broken catch on the armrest so new top on order, but also more annoyingly the little drawer under the seat won't stay shut so keeps opening and closing when I break and accelerate, if it can just be removed it will be!

She has a Milltek resonated cat back on her, and I picked up some Milltek high flow CATs off ebay for an absolute steal - I aim to get those fitted and a tune in due course along with a beefier rear ARB and that should be about it for "mods".

Other than that, fantastic! Really enjoying the ownership so far and couldn't be happier. Moro blue, manual with 140k, sat nav, cruise control, black leather/suede seats (not heated, found that out).

S4

Reactions: Sandra, V6_Man and RS5 JON
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Very nice car. Enjoy the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum buddy and nice looking motor. Hope you like it here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the welcome and kind words all, pleasure to be here :)

I'll get some more pictures sorted when its had another polish and no doubt some thoughts on the difference the CATs and tune make when done but I will put those in the B6 chassis forum.