Hello from Berkshire! new B6 Quattro owner with unique central locking issue!

Carlito74

Reaction score
Hello all!

i'm new to the forum after reading many DIY's and threads i decided it was about time i registered and introduced myself and wondered if some one could help and offer me some advice..

I recently bought my B6 2.5TDI Quattro a few months ago and have had a persistent problem with my central locking where nothing happens from the remote control.. initially thought that maybe it was the battery and so changed that and still nothing?..

i tried re-syncing the key with the car but no luck, the car opens by the drivers door manually and wont open the remaining doors until the ignition is switched to on, i only have the one fob key and have a spare normal key. I tried to get another fob cut but while trying to sync the key it was discovered that someone had been playing around on vagcom (previous owner as i haven't a clue!) and they had disabled the alarm system and i believe disconnected it as well, so the system would not allow me to add another key.

i had this looked further into and they believed that maybe from someone playing around with the system and not knowing what they were doing the car constantly thinks something is wrong with its alarm system (and rightly so!) The person who looked into this for me (a close family friend) believes that it may be down to my comfort control module and replacing this should resolve my issues, i wonder if anyone is around in the Berkshire area for a second opinion? and/or any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

if it also helps when locking the car the red blinking light on the drivers door only flashes and not the one in the centre of the dashboard.

Many Thanks!

Carl

Here is my pride and joy now after gladly moving on from the unreliability of the BMW's!

Front
Left Side
Right Side
WP 20150327 18 05 48 Pro
WP 20150327 18 06 01 Pro

Have you checked the remote is transmitting add that sounds like the problem we have. Remote doesn't work. Car opens worn key and starts ok.
Bought a gadget off eBay that detects rf and ir remotes and it's not transmitting.

Hi Leegsi thanks for the reply, yeh i have had that checked and there is said to be a signal coming from the remote and being received by the car but due to something in the settings its not letting them communicate with each other apparently.. i just hope someone maybe knows if it is perhaps a simple fix on vagcom or if i need to fork out for a new Comfort control module... are you having the same issues then i guess? oh the hastles! lol

Mine is just the remote not working.

I managed to get it working off and on (Poor connection on the battery sometimes) as when it was transmitting it would work fine.

Need to sort a new key out for it but dont really want to be paying £100 just to fix the remote locking lol

Your lucky you managed to get somewhere with yours! lol i hate not having central locking! its like going back in time having to do it all manually lol

Hi Carl, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum :) x

Reactions: Carlito74