HELLO! From Augusta, GA USA. 2012 TT Quattro

What is the best decarbonisation procedure?

• Invasive to intake manifold

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Liquid additive to fuel system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daniel W. Gaskell

703wtuner
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice on tires with the lowest road noise for my TT. Love this car, purchased 31 Dec 2016. What leather treatment works best and should I changeover from 18 inch wheels to 19 inch? Thank you! Watched Top Gear since 2003 and have loved seeing the country my grandfather immigrated from in the 20's. Lancashire was home to him and three brothers. Gaskell is the surname.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Audi Bairn
Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice on tires with the lowest road noise for my TT. Love this car, purchased 31 Dec 2016. What leather treatment works best and should I changeover from 18 inch wheels to 19 inch? Thank you! Watched Top Gear since 2003 and have loved seeing the country my grandfather immigrated from in the 20's. Lancashire was home to him and three brothers. Gaskell is the surname.

I've a similar 2011 TT Sport quattro but a roadster; my car came on 17-inch rims and 245 x 45 R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres that provided both a good ride and handling but didn't fill the wheel arches to my own satisfaction so I changed to a set of OEM 18-inch rims with 245/40R 18 Bridgestone RE50 tyres. Note that Audi here in the UK were supplying Bridgestone as STD fit and for sure I've no need to change.

I have tried the TT on 19-inch rims with MPSS tyres (just swapped 'em over off my RS3) and while the 'look' was good we found the ride harsh so went back to the 18-inch rims.

TZ10 0259mod

You need to look at your everyday use and the general state of your rods as for here in the UK I'm fairly certain that the roads your grandfather experienced in the 20's were much better than they are today - as for sure some haven't been repaired since your grandfather left...

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Daniel W. Gaskell
You're roadster is truly a beautiful ride! We have the same wheels too! Like your comment about the roads....our cars have suspensions worthy of much better roadways. Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the rim sizes and how they effected the ride-quality. What do you think of the "rotor" gray/silver rims on the TTRS?

Reactions: 45bvtc
You're roadster is truly a beautiful ride! We have the same wheels too! Like your comment about the roads....our cars have suspensions worthy of much better roadways. Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the rim sizes and how they effected the ride-quality. What do you think of the "rotor" gray/silver rims on the TTRS?

Love 'em Daniel. I have STD grey/diamond-cut rotors on both my RS3 (8J x 19") and A1 Black edition (7.1/2J x 18") and I do love the rotors. And yes, I did drop a set of 8J x 19" (9J ET52 on the TT/TTRS and ET50 on the RS3) rotors onto the TT just to view and did like 'em but for as I've already 3-sets of these S-line rims (summer/winter/spare) for the TT decided not to change. I do like 'em, mind...

Sadly I didn't take a photo of the TT on rotors but here's our RS3 and A1 on rotors:

P1050755 mod A1 on winter rubber

GO TRUMP!!!
4570.gif

Last edited:
A friend of mine in Ontario has his TT on 19-inch rotors, Daniel:

Damien tt

Write to Damien (RCD6FC) and seek his thoughts...